Sunday 10 May 2020

15 Minutes, FNwF and Slow Stitching.

So my 15 minutes a day before work took a hit this week. In the past if I miss out on a morning, I make up for it later in the day, but Wednesday this week that didn't happen. Not a single stitch was sewn, stitched, knitted or hooked. Like today, I had one of those very early starts, I was awake just after four and gave up trying to get back to sleep so got up at well passed five!! (Same thing happened today).
So, Wednesday I was just tired, I didn't even pick up my crochet, after work I just curled up in my chair, with a cosy quilt and didn't move. Tony cooked dinner and brought it to me in my chair. A big bowl of pumpkin chilli in a big bowl cosy. It was nice to be looked after.
I slept well that night and refreshed I was back to my usual self in the morning and made sure I put in some sewing time before work.
To see what others are doing with their 15 minutes, look here. 
I'm still pecking away at my Kaffetastic project, with part one almost complete.
On Friday evening, for this months second FNwF I went into my room to prepare for the next step, then got carried away and began sewing blocks together.
After dinner Tony suggested a Tolkien weekend. we are both fans of his books and enjoy the movies made here in NZ. We started at the beginning with part one of the Hobbit collection.  I sat in my chair, with stitching in hand and  made a start on the stitching for Gail Pan's I stitch/ Wish You Well BOM project
 Such pretty projects.
I had just the French knots left to stitch on this piece when I decided to switch to crochet for the rest of the evening.
Go along to here to see what others got up to for their FNwF.
I was enjoying watching and stitching so much that yesterday,  I opted to keep on going and have a slow stitching Saturday. French knots done, I set about the honeycomb block. We finished watching all of the Hobbit movies and switched to Lord of the Rings.
I didn't notice until I had completed it, my fabric had moved or distorted while I was tracing the design. The word' kind' is a bit off. But I can live with it. The flower hexie on the right is not off, I just didn't press it yet. (It's still very early here and I don't want to wake Tony. My sewing room is right next door to our bedroom and he is not having menopause disrupted sleep!)
So, stitchery completed and movie marathon still going I picked up my secret monthly ornament project and made great progress on that. I really am very happy with how these are turning out. After dinner of home made quiche and about halfway through The Two Towers, I switched from stitching to crochet.
 Another ball of leftovers all used up and a new colour started,
and a second wee plastic tub filled with little squares.
Although I am using left overs from a previous project, I did order new yarn to be able to finish it.
It's coming from the UK. Very slowly, the tracking tool tells me it has been in transit for 22 days. I know these are strange times and everything, especially international post is moving slower than usual, but at what point do I decide it is taking too long and start to make inquiries regarding it's whereabouts? I do wish this particular yarn was available here in NZ. I did recently find out that there are stockists in Australia,I wish I had known that a little sooner or maybe I should try to find an alternative brand here at home....? Those of you who follow Lucy at Attic 24 will know that there really is no substitute.....
Yarn concerns aside, today will be a slow stitching Sunday. I'm hoping to get the ornament finished today. We have a little of the Two Towers left to watch, then it's the Return of the King and the movie fest will be over. 
Also, one of us will have to brave the supermarket, we need to top up on a few things.
Well I'm off to see what everyone else did on Friday night with Friends.
Hope your weekend is going well and that you are all safe and healthy.
Stay home and sew if you can.
Oh! I forgot to mention. I have a week off work.
We were supposed to be going on a week long fishing trip to the North island. I had a reminder on my phone to catch my flight on Friday......
Air New Zealand have credited our flights, maybe later in the year.........

14 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the Lord of the Rings movies and have watched numerous times - I'm not a Hobbit fan so much though.
I hope you sleep better - I do that sometimes too where I wake around 4 and toss and turn and finally get up.
My order from Connecting Threads here in the states took a month to get to me and 3 weeks of that was them filling the order I really don't know why it took so long unless everyone ordered at the same time and they were totally swamped and maybe had half the people or less working than usual.

kiwikid said...

Great blocks and stitching, and your crochet is lovely. I had a Hobbit and Lord of the Rings the Rings marathon last year and really enjoyed the movies again. Not much stitching got done while they were on though. 😁😁

Sharon Kwilter said...

Those stitchery projects are lovely. Nicely done.

Jenny said...

Robin bought himself the boxed set of LOTRs and during lockdown has been viewing all the take out and how it was done scenes. It's certainly a complicated business when you see behind the scenes.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

You've had a busy weekend with lots of lovely stitching. I didn't even notice your 'kind' wasnt straight until you mentioned it. I think it's a very sweet project. Enjoy the rest of your film today :)

Maria said...

great you enjoyed your movie fest and also worked on many stitchery and crochet projects...
Kaffe is growing too.

Lin said...

Such a shame about your trip. Kaffe is looking lovely as are your stitcheries. The crochet project is growing - I expect the wool will turn up soon. xx

Gail said...

Thanks for stopping off at my blog! I am very busy, helps to keep my mind off the world at the moment. I love your little stitcheries! I will be getting into that again soon-maybe I'll wait until some of my other projects are finished?

Ali Honey said...

The BOP weather is dull and cloudy so it wouldn't be all that great out fishing..SO MAY BE BETTER AT A LATER DATE!

Susie H said...

Very pretty projects. Especially love the Bee Kind stitchery. You are sure amassing lors of lovely yarn squares too. Soon you'll be sewing them together!

Karen S said...

Your stitching projects are lovely.
I hope you return to good sleep patterns, too.

Susan said...

Nothing like having hand work to do while you are engrossed in a movie marathon. intriguing secret project. Seems you just need to order lots ahead or be patient!

Ondrea said...

So nice to be looked after. I had to laugh when I read that you were up at 4am as I quite often can't get to sleep until then! Your stitcheries are lovely and I didn't notice any wonkiness. Enjoy your crochet too.

Janice said...

It was a great way to spend the weekend, after a busy week.