Wednesday 7 July 2021

Who needs sleep?

Well, me! If I want to make progress on my Papaver Pizazz quilt top today.
Over the last couple of days I have made some good progress and I want to continue that on my days off. But sleep is eluding me tonight.
Sew what's a girl to do?
Write a blog post of course.
In my last post I mentioned that I needed to get back to the secret stuff, so might not have much to show, but as previously mentioned, I have been making good progress elsewhere too.
On Sunday after writing about the Zoom along I went into my room where I cut and started to applique the stems for Papaver Pizazz.
You can just see them here  on this photo I took on Monday before work.
Five narrow green strips.
I appliqued the last two down on Monday Morning. Then I set about tracing all of the leaves.
As you can see above I weighted three lengths of very curly freezer paper under my long ruler before heading off to work on Monday afternoon.
But they were still very curly on Tuesday morning when I fused and cut out all those leaves.
No nice simple classic leaf shapes here, oh no, it's like trying to cut out Fjords!
But I got them all done and even managed to get the first two fused into place, ready to applique today.
Sew, although the pictures are really not that exciting, I feel like I have made great progress.
Oh, and I have also made great progress on the July secret Christmas Ornament.
Sew I'm a tired but happy girl.
*
I might go back to bed now to see if I can get some more sleep. 
Pussy cat Belle has disappeared from her spot on the sofa. I bet you that means she has taken up my spot on the bed!
I hope you're sleeping better than I am. 

9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Goodluck sleeping..... At least you were productive......

kiwikid said...

Those leaves sure are like cutting out Fjords, they will look sensational once done.
I hope you got some sleep, I am like that too, some nights sleep comes others it doesn't.

Lin said...

Looking forward to seeing more of your poppy piece - hope you got some sleep. xx

Janice said...

I’m intrigued with your quilt. I hope you got back to sleep.

jude's page said...

Love your leaves, sorry you couldnt sleep though

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

yep secret sewing makes it hard to have things to talk about! and I am no good at keeping secrets - so I am proud of you!! Hopefully you will get a good night sleep

Karen S said...

At least you made the most of your no sleeping time.
Very frustrating, though.

dq said...

It only makes sense to get up and do something if you cannot sleep! I do hope that is not a regular thing for you though. Sleep is important.

AnnieO said...

Time consuming but looking totally worth the effort! Enjoy your stitching time.