Saturday 10 July 2021

A Finish and two Starts.

The secret stitching has slowed down a little, because I was very close to getting my crochet project finished, and you know how it it, once you sniff the finish line there is no holding back.
This very generously proportioned throw size blanket was supposed to be about using up stash, which I did do! But I also purchased more yarn, to make it bigger. LOL
It is pure wool so quite heavy and very cosy.
I have already pulled out another bag of yarn and made a start on another blanket. Lots of acrylic scraps to use up in this one. Photo soon. 
*
I have started to gather supplies for my next EPP project.
Chookyblue will be pleased to see that I have at last sorted out my blue fabrics and I am preparing to start a Lucy Boston quilt.
In blues of course.
So far, that is all I have done, but I'm hoping to make a start on cutting today, before I go to work.
*
In other news.
The applique is progressing slowly. It has started and stopped twice, as I tried out different stitches for adding the leaves.
The secret Christmas stitching is also on a go slow, but I'll be having a go at that today.
And I'll pick up the latest crochet project here and there and work my way through the basket of scraps. 
*
Time to get on with my day. 








 

9 comments:

Fiona said...

I love the crochet blanket... the colours look so good and I can just imagine how it feels in pure wool. A blue LB will look lovely.....many happy hours will be spent with it...

Hugz

Karen S said...

Lovely work on your blanket. Great use of left overs.
And the blues look lovely, too.

Ondrea said...

The blanket would be very warm indeed. Well done! Looking forward to seeing your LB quilt start. Is it Patchwork of the Crosses or another one? Love those blues.

Janice said...

Well done on your finish. Now to enjoy for the rest of the winter. You’ll have fun with Lucy. I see you have the same project box as me. If works so well.

Lin said...

Lovely finish on your blanket - the dark border finishes it off beautifully. Good luck with Lucy - have fun and enjoy the blues. xx

kiwikid said...

Your blanket looks wonderful, great to use up left over wool, looking forward to seeing your Lucy progress.

Jenny said...

Congratulations your new blanket looks wonderfully warm and cozy, such a lot of work. I've never been able to get the hang of crochet, luckily I enjoy knitting instead

dq said...

Your title 'A Finish and Two Starts" made me laugh. Oh how all of us quilters can truly relate!

Chookyblue...... said...

The blanket is lovely.....I was getting excited about Lucy until I read the next post.... Nice fabrics chosen there......