Thursday 22 July 2021

Three bundles of scraps.

Only three you say? Well I only used three in yesterdays finish.
Do you remember last weekend, when I showed you how some of the scraps from Summer Berries had been hexed?
Well yesterday it was their turn for the finishing treatment. I layered them onto a background fabric and some batting. Hehe, applique and quilt in one go.
Then I added backing fabric too and sewed around the outside of my hexies.
By the time Tony came home for his lunch I had the binding on as well.
The binding is left overs too, left from binding the Summer Berries quilt.
A very successful morning.
Once Tony had returned to work I set about closing the binding.
and on went the Loulee label.
and 
Ta Daaa!

Another quick finish.

Then I rewarded myself and the patient squirrel by snipping and gluing hexies.
*
I did not sleep well last night and spent quite a bit of time trying to think about what I might do today, but both the squirrel and my muse were silent, time then to open the cupboard and see who shouts at me...

 

8 comments:

kiwikid said...

Womderful finish, you have been very efficient with your time! The muse and squirrel need to be a bit more helpful and let you sleep!

Janice said...

A great use of stash. It looks great. You had it completed in record time.

AnnieO said...

Darling runner, and thrifty too—using all those leftovers! Glad you’re getting lots of fabric and thread time.

Lin said...

Lovely finish with your hexie runner, very smart. xx

ButterZ said...

Wow. That’s a great idea to attach and quilt at the same time. It looks wonderful

Jeanette said...

Love your runner, looks wonderful. Hugs, xx

Karen S said...

That is a lovely finish. Definitely time well spent.

dq said...

OH wow! Beautiful finish with those striking reds!