Tuesday 20 July 2021

Ta Dah!

So on Sunday, I spent the whole day working on one single project.
(Take that Squirrel!)
I put my trusty walking foot onto my table top machine and off I went.
Quilting lots and lots of straight lines onto my Summer Berries quilt top.
I played around a bit with the distancing between the quilting lines, using the edge of the foot and the corners of the blocks as guides.
No quilt is complete without a label. Which I actually added on Monday.
I know some people make very pretty and elaborate labels, but I like my Loulee labels. 
And here you have it, one completed quilt.
Ta Daah!
The idea for quilting for this one came to me on a restless night, when I seemed to spend more time awake that sleeping. I've had a few of those recently. I think my muse is using the quiet time to get a word in around the squirrel. So now she is telling me how to quilt the batik hexies and also the scraps left over from Summer Berries.
Yes, more restless nights.
Watch this space, if I don't fall asleep I'll have more finished projects soon.
*
Monday was a less busy day. After chores I stitched on the Loulee label, then did some of the 'other' sewing. You know, repairs and hemming. Then as a reward I played with my blue fabrics. I cut and glued another two Lucy blocks.
I was hoping to fussy cut the outer corner fabrics on this one, but it was a scrap piece and it soon became evident that I wouldn't quite manage it, not even four pieces.
Never mind, it still looks lovely.
Well, I think it does.
I was able to be fussy about that pretty stripe in the centre of the second block though. 
I am still awaiting delivery of more honeycomb papers, so will have to either start sewing these together or go back to trimming and gluing scraps onto hexie papers for my other EPP project. I have plenty of those and don't see me running out any time soon. LOL
I have to say I am enjoying the process of trimming and gluing fabrics for my EPP projects, it's almost as satisfying as sewing them all together.
*
Tony has the day off work today. I took him to eye clinic for 9am. They put drops into his eyes which open his pupils very wide, so now he must avoid bright lights for a few hours. He is happily sitting in his chair in the darkened sitting room, with a book.  Do I stay in there with him and play with hexies, or do I venture into my much cooler sewing room and search for backing fabrics?????
I might make myself a hot cuppa while I ponder that one.

 

9 comments:

kiwikid said...

Excellent to hear you have the squirrel firmly under control!! Your finished quilt looks wonderful, well done on the finish. I hope your muse can come at a more civilised time ofmthe day and not keep you awake at night! Your Lucy blocks are beautiful.

Janice said...

How funny that we both used the same idea for our quilting. It’s very effective, isn’t it. Your Lucy blocks are looking great.

Lin said...

Great finish on your Summer Berries Lou. xx

Gail said...

Summer berries is gorgeous! And those Lucy blocks will be amazing! The squirrel needs to sleep so you can finish more lovely things.

Raewyn said...

Well done on the finish Lou, the quilting is very effective. And I'm loving your playing with Lucy - it looks like such a fun quilt to make and I'm always tempted when I see others doing it! Squirrels have a lot to answer for don't they - I'm glad yours is under control - or is she...?!

Fiona said...

A wonderful finish... its a really lovely quilt and your blues are looking good together..... hope tony's eyes are all good soon....
HUgz

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh come on just sew a Lucy block together..... You know you want to..... The squirrel told me to tell you that ....

Karen S said...

Great work getting the quilting done. A wonderful feeling!
The Lucy blocks look delightful in the blues.

dq said...

Hay, bet it feels great to have a finish. Now the squirrel can give you permission to do something new.