Thursday 15 July 2021

Mid week roundup.

 Yep! Blogger is doing it's thing again!
Moving things around and changing the order of things.
Sigh.
Fine my half composed essay can go out of the window and I'll wing it, all because blogger thinks it knows best.
So as I said on Monday, nothing went as planned over the weekend. Some of that chaos has continued into this week. This certainly wasn't in the plans, but somehow my Summer berries quilt top ended up layered and pinned. It had been calling to me over the weekend so was added to the list.
It's now awaiting some quilting. Maybe in the next few days......
Maybe not.
I'm not sure if it's my muse, or that squirrel I followed, but something is pulling me in all directions at the moment. 
*
Speaking of the squirrel, it took me shopping again.
So on Tuesday the courier delivery lady arrived.
It was my pal Claire!
Like Debbie and I, Claire has also changed jobs recently and we hardly ever get together anymore.
But she was interested to know what I was up to and what I had been buying.

Wow, what a lovely book. 
You know, you can get a kit of just the paper pieces and templates needed for the cover quilt.
I know, because the squirrel took me shopping.
Surprisingly I achieved quite a bit on Tuesday even with a new distraction. 
I did a lot of work on my Christmas Ornament and some crochet.
Then in the evening the squirrel had me playing with more of the scraps from Summer Berries.

While watching TV I sat with my Grans tray in my lap gluing a few more hexies.
Aren't the papers cute? I got them free with a magazine.
Then I started to sew them together, along with their friends who I had glued on Sunday.
And I played around with lay outs.
I see a table runner.
There are still a few more to add though. 
*
On Wednesday morning, I finally cut and glued one block for Lucy Blue.

I like both layouts, so may have to cut another in the same fabrics.
I didn't start putting it together yet, It's all safely tucked away waiting ....
*
Also on Wednesday, before leaving my sewing room I quickly put together a little baggie.
(It's actually a pretty green, not grey.)
Nothing clever or fancy just a simple bag with a channel at the top for a ribbon. 
At work we have a trolley containing all the medications needed for our residents. Inhalers and the spacers used with them take up a lot of room so they are not kept inside the trolley, but in bags, hanging on the outside. A new resident means a new bag was needed.
Finally, after Tony had been home for his lunch I was able to sit down and finish my July ornament. 
Just in time for me to go to work.
*
Sew a busy couple of days...
I'm not going to commit to anything for the remainder of the week, I'll just wait and see where the wind blows me or maybe the squirrel will take me by the hand?
*
Oh and in case you are wondering, yes, I did, I ended up cutting and pasting and moving all of the pictures back to where I wanted them, in a nice order, so that I could write things down in the order in which they occurred.
Take that Blogger!

How is your week going?

10 comments:

Fiona said...

You have lots of fabulous projects on the go.. and more to come it seems.... I love your LB blocks...

Hugz

Karen S said...

That squirrel sure is keeping you busy. Things are getting done!

Lin said...

The table runner is a good idea and pretty Lucy blocks. Good luck with quilting your Summer Berries. xx

Jenny said...

Two of the Sew Wot ladies have done Lucy Boston quilts. Good luck with yours, they seem an awful lot of work to me but well worth it if that's your thing.

kiwikid said...

Those squirrels sure have taken up residence at your house, but you are getting heaps done, even if they were not what you had planned 😁 Your Lucy Boston's are beautiful and the table runner is going to be very pretty.

Janice said...

You make me tired just reading all that. Your sewjo has returned with a vengeance. I love your red hexies. Lucy gives you so any options to play with. Enjoy. Until today, I haven’t stitched a stitch.

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG you out of control with the EPP now............
so please to see your first Lucy ready to stitch.....always amazes me the effect you get by the placement of the fabrics.......
good quilting summer berries.....

Maria said...

Just popped over from Sue's to see what that squirrel was up to at your place... It sure has been busy ...
Fabulous new book and I do love your Blue Lucys......

Susan said...

The Summer berries looks great. Lots of EPP happening there...Lucy Boston blocks always look great.

dq said...

That book is so intriguing to me - lovely quilt on the front.
Your blue English Paper PIece project is to die for!