Monday 12 July 2021

That is not how I saw my weekend going....

If you read my last blog post, you'll know that I had planned to work on my Christmas Ornament and also cut some blue fabrics for a start on a Lucy Boston EPP project. 

Well none of that happened! 

When I went into my room to start cutting blue fabrics I had to do a quick tidy up and found myself sorting through the scrap bin looking for red fabrics.

You see, I came across this wee box (First seen here) and the squirrel took control.


Then because I had found a bunch more suitable fabrics and glued a bunch more hexes, this box was becoming too small.
Luckily I had another larger box.

Sew now there are two EPP boxes.
And still no progress on Lucy.....

And, the Red Berries quilt top has been calling out to me all weekend. It want's to be quilted. So on Sunday I found myself with pencil and paper in hand planning how that might go!

And I got in a few more rounds on my new crochet project.

So although some progress was made. None of it was planned.

Do you have days like that too?

Or is it just me?

And why is blogger adding extra lines between paragraphs?

Oh well, two days off now, so even more time to get distracted. LOL



7 comments:

dq said...

Oh yes I have days like that all the time! My number 1 rule is to just do what you feel in the moment even if it isn't what was planned.

Janice said...

I definitely have days like that. A couple of weeks ago I was going to spend the day stitching, went to file a couple of pieces of paper and ended up culling about 15 years worth of Mick’s old work paperwork. No sewing, but a very productive day. It looks like you had a lot of fun on all those projects.

Lin said...

Those red fabrics do look very tempting! As long as you were enjoying yourself what does it matter - there is always another day. Enjoy your days off. xx

kiwikid said...

Ah yes squirrels are alive and well and active here! Your hexies look great, wonderful you found the red fabrics. I think blogger does what blogger wants most days!!

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG you are so easily distracted......

Karen S said...

I love distractions like this. Very productive.

Susan said...

It is easy to get distracted when there are so many WIPs. UFOs etc

Hang in there - order will come to it all..one day