Sunday 4 July 2021

Zoom, zoom.

As I'm sure many of you know, Chookyblue had one of her wonderful Zoom sew alongs yesterday.
It was great fun as always. We hit a record 19 ladies all sewing, chatting and zooming along at the same time.
I'm not sure of the total number of people who popped in throughout the day.
Some looked in for only a few minutes and others stayed longer.
Chooky and I were there at the start and the end. 
Just over 15 hours.
It was good to see what people were working on and catch up on all the gossip.
We even had some enabling happening with one particular craft shop getting more than a few mentions. LOL
And Chooky and I were encouraging Sylvia to do a Lucy quilt.
I achieved quite a lot. 
First up I finished sewing together the last of my 2 inch hexes.
(I trimmed the edges and put the border on today, with many interruptions.)
I have really struggled to get a good photo of this one showing it's true colours.
Maybe when I get around to quilting it.....
So that done I picked up my crochet and did some of that, before digging out my Gail Pan Bring me flowers project and I later returned to my crochet.  
It was a wonderfully productive day.
I'm saving other photos for another day, as I'm about to make a start on my secret Christmas project and may not have much to show and tell about for a few days. 
Go along to Chookys blog to see who else joined the Zoom along. 
*
I have a busy week ahead at work, but hoping to find time to play too. 

11 comments:

Flickenstichlerin said...

Yes, we had a great time together at Chooky's Zoom party. Was so much fun to chat with everyone. What was the name of the particular patchwork store again?

ButterZ said...

Sounds like you got a great deal done too. Good variety.

Ondrea said...

Sounds like you all had a lovely time. Love the hexies.

Chookyblue...... said...

was great to have you on all day with me.........you got lots done.....the hexies look good with their border on.......I think I counted 29 all together.......great day......

kiwikid said...

You were very productive and well, done lastng 15 plus hours! Your hexies look wonderful.

Jeanette said...

Lovely to have chatted with you. Love the hexie quilt Hugs ,xx

Narelle said...

Loved catching up and seeing everyone's projects.

Janice said...

You did well to stay the whole day, and you have loads to show for it. I can’t believe how quickly you finished the hexy quilt top. It would take me years. Hopefully we can all play together before too long.

Radka said...

I think it is good to have variety, and various crafts to hand; I find I need the change from sewing sometimes - I have 2 crochet blankets on a go.....
xx

Karen S said...

Looks like you had a great catch up on zoom. :
Lovely to see the border on the hexie quilt. That is looking lovely.

dq said...

I was only able to stay there for an hour, much shorter than I had intended. It was a joy though!