Tuesday 24 August 2021

Are you ready for another update yet?

 Today will be day 5 of 7 shifts. I am filling in for an absent colleague, so yesterday and today are only the shorter 5 - 9 shifts, which in no way impacts on my fun time.

As I have mentioned before, I had started to quilt my batik hexie quilt.
I got on yesterday and completed that.

I had only the border left to do and quilted more wavy lines.
I think they are much better than the quilting in the main body of the top.
I also attached the binding and got about half of it sewn down before heading off to work.

Speaking of fleece, here is a better look at not only the back, but also my quilting.
As I mentioned, no batting layer in this one, just the batik and the fleece. It has a lovely soft feel and drapes beautifully. Hopefully I can finish closing the binding today, before work.
This morning after completing some home chores I set to and made more masks. The top one for a colleague, and the rose for me.
It sure does not hurt to have a few masks, plenty of time to get them washed and dried, especially when you're on a seven shift stint! LOL
And finally Edyta's garden. I've added some more flowers.
It is starting to take shape, maybe I'll have time to do a little more of that before work today too.
I'm learning a lot about paper piecing as I put this together
OK, time to go and whip up some poached eggs on toast, then I might sit in the sun to sew my binding.

10 comments:

kiwikid said...

Your quilt looks amazing, well done. Your masks look fantastic and love the hexies.

Lin said...

Your wavy line quilting looks great and your flower garden is looking very pretty. xx

ButterZ said...

Your border quilting looks great. Wow the binding too. I like your rose placed ask too. Well done.

Maria said...

Wavy quilting looks great on the batik….
Good to get a couple of new masks 😷 made before work.
The Edyta’ garden is growing nicely.

Janice said...

You’re a machine with those hexies. It would take me years to do all that. Enjoy working on them in the sun.

Chookyblue...... said...

Your getting so much done ..

AnnieO said...

Glad you’re getting good crafty and stitching time regularly again! Pretty projects.

Gail said...

Busy, busy! You do lovely work, finish so many things and work too! Amazing! Blessed Be.

Fiona said...

Lots getting done, love the wavy quilting....
Hugz

Barwitzki said...

Great quilted ... I like the wavy lines.
The masks are beautiful, I also sewed this type ... but unfortunately we are no longer allowed to use them in Germany, can you imagine!
Have a great Thursday. Many greetings Viola