Sunday 22 August 2021

Oh My Goodness!

 It's been ten days since my last blog post. And there I was worrying I was posting too often. LOL
So what has been happening since Friday 13th of August. Well I did nothing that day.
Zip.
Nada.
Nowt.
I rested pretty much all day.
Which was very nice I have to say. Just to put my feet up, snuggle under a blanket and watch movies.
Well, except for when I had to produce food. 
I've not been quite so lazy since then. I've been doing some crochet on my latest use this stuff up project. I've also been sewing and adding flowers to my Edyta's Garden top. More on that later. 
I have finally completed my August Christmas ornament and made a bunch more crumb blocks.
A while ago I decided to subscribe to Quilters Companion magazine as getting hold of it here can be sporadic. The first one arrived on Tuesday. At midnight on Tuesday New Zealand went into our second level 4 lock down.
The whole country is closed. The only things open and functioning are the supermarkets and pharmacies. and one or two other essential services. No take out food, or delivery, no coffee shops, or hair cuts, no craft supplies (I just bought the last card of elastic at the supermarket).
New Zealand is closed in the hope of stopping the Delta outbreak.
Sew what's a girl to do?
Sit and sew of course.
Luckily for me, I had already purchased the backing for my Batik hexies quilt a couple of weeks ago.
Rather than batting and backing I found a lovely soft fleece blanket. Not quite the best colour match, but I love it.  So that was all pinned.
While my minder did some sun bathing.
Then I set off doing some wavy organic quilting.
I must confess I lost my way and waved a little too far at times. So it ended up a little more organic than I first pictured. LOL
At this time I have only quilted the hexie part of the top and the borders still need some attention.
I'm thinking more of the same to be honest.
Meanwhile, as I said I have been working away slowly at my hexie garden. Some flowers have been joined to the diamonds, and more are ready. 
I had to leave this one here on Friday, to go to work.
On Saturday, Chookyblue had one of her zoom parties. I had to go to work at 3 ish, but joined in for as long as I could.
I thought I might finish the flower I had started.

😲😲

Well, what a mistake! Chooky was determined to see me working on my Lucy Blue quilt. LOL
But I stood my ground.
(Well, sat comfortably in my chair!)
And completed this flower.
Before going to collect my Lucy project box.
I was able to sew not one...
But two Lucy blocks together,
And off camera I was also able to whip up four masks for some colleagues. 
Chooky asked me to share the mask pattern I use.
I like it, it fits nicely and has a pocket that you can slip an extra filter into, or even one of those paper masks. 
My lovely, lovely Tony looked after me while we zoomed making cuppas, toast and even cooked Kung Po chicken for lunch. 
Yummy!
All too soon it was time to get out of my PJs and ready for work. (I was not the only one in PJs, they really are come as you are parties.)
As I left the house I noticed a package in my mail box.
Yay! The posties are still working and ours had delivered a late birthday gift from my brother.
A cross stitch kit.
Of his regiment badge.
Hmm, I think he may be hoping that I re gift it!
LOL
There were other items in the package too, but this was the only craft one.
When I got home from work some of the ladies were still in the zoom, chatting away and some were even still sewing.
I poured myself a glass of wine and joined in the conversation for a while.
What a great way to spend the day.
If you haven't done so yet, visit Chookyblues's blog and watch out for the next zoom announcement, then be brave and ask to join in. You have to have a blog account be crafty and make a post about it now and then, but that's really the only requirement. 
You'll meet like minded people, have fun and get loads done on what ever project you are working on and we will enable and influence you into taking on even more beautiful projects and different crafts and help you spend money in some of the amazing online stores we discover together along the way. 
*
My turn to cook today, then off to work again at 3 ish.
I might have time to put some hexies together before running out of the door today. 












16 comments:

Narelle said...

Your blocks are beautiful and thank you for sharing the mask pattern.
I had The Best Day chatting with everyone ... always informative too. I've started making notes of interesting stuff to follow up on afterwards :)

Gail said...

It was so lovely to see you yesterday! Love the Lucy Blue blocks-you got so much accomplished!

Jeanette said...

You did well with your blocks yesterday. I managed to get about 5 of mine done whilst chatting. Love the masks & thanks for the patterns link. Nice to have Zoomed with you yesterday. Hugs, xx

ButterZ said...

It was a great day. Yes, there might be a pj zoom party in the future. So much fun. I do like the blues in your Lucy blocks. Well done.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your blocks look great. Love, love, love your blue Lucy blocks. Luckily you managed to get the last elastic at the supermarket.

I missed you yesterday on Chooky's zoom as I was only able to go online for a bit in the afternoon. Looking forward to the next time.

Ondrea said...

So many lovely projects. I loooove your blue and white Lucy blocks. I am going to try to join the Zoom crafters next time if I can work out how lol.

Chookyblue...... said...

I'm so excited to see Lucy blue progressing... It's exciting at the start seeing what your putting together......
So pleased you joined in again even popping back in after work......
I'm sure you will need to rethink that present LoL....
Stay safe in lockdown and thanks for the mask pattern

Fiona said...

you are doing well with your blocks.. they look great..... hope lockdown ends soon for you... so far here we can still meet physically so I am appreciating that - as you know it can change quicksmart....
Hugz

Lin said...

Nice work on your blocks. I do admire the decisive way your PM tackles covid. xx

Maria said...

Sorry to have missed you both times you were on Zoom. Guess I need to get up earlier, one day !
Great blocks and I especially like the blue and white Lacy's...

kiwikid said...

Was great to see you on zoom Lou, you got lots done, the hexies and Lucy blocks look great.

Janice said...

A nice newsy post. Lots has been happening and it was great to catch up on Saturday.

Karen S said...

Make the most of your lock down time. Lots of quilting and stitching to do!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Goodness - that one day down seemed to recharge a ton of batteries in you!! What great projects! so sorry about the lock down again.... this is an excuse to create a stash right haha?

Julie said...

Your hexie flowers & your Lucy blocks are just so gorgeous Lou. Aren't we girls so lucky we have our crafty past-times to get us through these Lockdowns. Thanks so much for the mask pattern ... I made a couple yesterday but am not very happy with them so I shall give yours a try. Take care Lou😊

jude's page said...

Lots of progress made, sorry to miss the zoom, but life happens sometimes