Friday 27 August 2021

I ran out of steam...

But first, a finish.
On Wednesday I finished closing the binding on the batik hexies. This one has been quite difficult to photograph, but I think I finally managed to get an image showing its true colours.
As you can see, it fits beautifully over the back of this two seater sofa.
Though not shown here, Belle has made it her own. 
Of Course.
While I was doing that, a brownie was cooling in the kitchen.
This is what I found on my return.
It wasn't even cool and almost half had disappeared.
Tony is working from home.
LOL. 
*
After working six of seven shifts without a day off I hit a wall yesterday, (Thursday) I ran out of steam, my get up an go, got up a cleared off! I spent most of the time before going to work just resting.
The one thing I did do was to sew on a pretty patch. Some of you will remember that Tony was made redundant last year. His entire department was let go from this company.
Well, they didn't want their corporate wear back. Tony was all set to throw it into the bin, but it's good quality stuff, and some items have plenty of life left in them. I already put patches onto three other garments. Tony refuses, (Understandably) to wear them, so I made sure they were patches I like. LOL
This shirt is the last one. It's been awaiting treatment for a while and yesterday I finally got to it. I had fussy cut this cute wee Scotty dog a couple of days ago and yesterday I sat and sewed him into place, covering the Alpine logo.
That looks much better.
And...
The courier called to deliver this.
The paper and template set required to make the quilt on the lid of the box.
The full pattern and instructions are in this book, that I purchased back in July.
If I want to start this one, I'll need to go shopping and not just online, I want to stand in the store, templates in hand and play with fabrics.
So not today then, while we are locked down and hiding from COVID.
*
So yesterday I worked shift seven of seven. My boss has put a note on the roster saying I am not available over the weekend if anyone calls in sick.
So I should have three uninterrupted days off.
What do I plan to do?
Aside from a grocery shop, no plans.
I'll rest up and see what calls to me.
With three whole days to rest and play I'm sure something will happen.







 

9 comments:

Cheryll said...

Scottie dogs are popping up all over the place.
Your little cutie looks great...xox

Alison said...

What a trooper you are, no wonder you are pooped. i hope you have a really good break over the weekend. I plan to make Liquorice allsorts slice. Lockdown is so bad for my hips!

ButterZ said...

Oh so lucky for you. Enjoy and rest up. Then you can plan a heap of sewing for the upcoming week.

Janice said...

I can understand why you hit the wall. Good on your boss for enforcing your weekend. The greatest compliment when it comes to baking is to see it disappear. The brownie was obviously a success. The hexy quilt looks perfect on the sofa. Have fun with your new ambitious project, when you can hit the shops and enjoy your weekend, whatever you decide to do.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Gee you have been working hard. Love the idea of recycling that very good wear and covering the old logo with a cute dog. Brownies do look enticing. We are wide open here in Ontario but masks are mandatory inside public areas. The Delta is cause for concern. You be safe!

Maria said...

No wonder you just wanted to have an easy day after working 6 straight and one more to go……
Nice finish …
Hmm you have a big rat in your kitchen nibbling on that brownie…..
Love the new project and it will be fun to shop for its fabrics, one day!

Jeanette said...

Love your batik hexie quilt. The scottie dog is so cute. Have a relaxing 3 days off. hugs, xx

kiwikid said...

Rest up over the weekend and get your energy back. Hubby obviously likes your brownie slice 😁😁. Love your hexie quilt, and your new project looks fantastic.

jude's page said...

Enjoy your rest days, you might need to be rested when you start that new project! Itlooks great