Sunday 1 August 2021

Lucy (Boston) Blue

I feel like I'm making a lot of blog posts at the moment, am I posting too often?

But I have a lot to say it seems, or maybe it's a lot to show?

Which ever it is, I'm having fun.

As I mentioned in my last post, Debbie and I had our get together on Friday. We sat here at my place. Debbie brought some knitting, she finished making a wash cloth, but I forgot to take a photo. Then she moved on to completing one of her Gail Pan stitcheries from last year. Again, bad blogger, I took no photos. 

While Debbie was busy with her thing, I was busy cutting, trimming and gluing honeycombs for Lucy Boston Blue. Maybe because we were chatting and stopping often to look at things on Pinterest, but I didn't get as much done as I thought I might. Making up only four little baggies of prepared honeycombs. I did have some fun trying out my template over some of the fabrics and looking at possible fussy cutting.

We took a break and went out for lunch, we visited the local sewing shop, where I found another fat quarter of the right kind of blue, but I forgot to take a photo, before I started to cut it up. LOL I really didn't do very well did I?

I do however have pictures of my first two Lucy blocks.  

This first one was made on Friday afternoon, after we got back from lunch. Those middle honey combs were sort of fussy cut, the linear nature of the pattern on the fabric made it quite easy to do.
Sorry the pic is so bright, I finished it late in the day and had to put it under the lamp for a photo.
*
My second block was stitched together today. it is one of the blocks I prepared on Friday. Debbie and I were both in awe when I quickly pushed the pieces together to reveal the lovely centre piece for the block. Again it was a relatively easy piece to fussy cut, ensuring that I lined up the points of the honeycomb with the top of the flowers
I'm in love with this block and after playing about with it on Friday, I wanted to make more fussy blocks, which I did today. Pictures will come as I sew them together.
*
Life wasn't all about Lucy though, I've made a couple more hexie flowers too and will share pics of those another time. Like Lucy, I'm learning as I sew, and plan to make another hexie flower garden, paying a little more attention to the fabrics I use and how they are cut and placed. LOL
*
It's the first of the month, so Happy Birthday to Grand daughter Una. Who remembers waiting for her arrival during Zoom last year? She kept us all waiting for a long, long time. 
Here she is, Happy Birthday little lady.
And here is a pic of big brother Floki.
He is such a photogenic boy.
The family have recently moved into a new home and are getting settled in. 
*
Let me see, what else is new?
Gail Pan released her BOM Bring me Flowers today. I have not been keeping up with that BOM this year. I keep telling myself I'll get back to it... Anyway, I have printed the pattern and went to put it away in my room. What a mess!
😲
Considering how little time I have spent in my room recently (All my EPP stuff is in the sitting room) it sure is a very messy space. I might try to do something about that tomorrow, before work.
I also need to get onto starting my latest Christmas ornament, after going all out to get myself caught up it would be a shame if I fell behind again. 
*
The oven is beeping, my roast beef must be ready.
Till next time.



9 comments:

ButterZ said...

Wow, has it been a year already.

Gail said...

Love the Lucy blocks. I'm thinking of changing my mind about the colors in mine and going with blue and yellow, maybe. You can never do too many blog posts !

Karen S said...

The Lucy blocks are lovely. Gorgeous blues.
And lovely to see the grandchildren growing up so happy.

Janice said...

You can never have too many posts, especially when lots is going on. I can’t believe Una is one already. Where did that go? Your Lucy blocks are gorgeous, and, as you say, you are becoming more experienced as you go along. Enjoy the journey.

Lin said...

Lovely Lucy blocks Lou!. Sounds like you had a great day with your friend. xx

Fiona said...

Loving your blue Lucy blocks.... so many variations can be done with the fussy cutting...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Wonderful fussy cutting with your Lucy blocks, no such thing as too many blog posts.

Maria said...

WOW! A year already and I do remember waiting for Una’s arrival while we were on Zoom.
Folki is just such a gorgeous little fella….
Lots lovely Lucy’s there….

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG you finally got some Lucy blocks done..... They look great.... It's such cool fun seeing what patterns you can make fussy cutting....
Wow I can't believe that Bubba is already one .....I remember that sewing day..... No pressure on the poor mother.....