Saturday 28 August 2021

Found My Steam Again...

A while ago I saw a quilt on the WWW. It might have been on a blog, on Pinterest or on a quilt shopping page. Lets face it, it could have been anywhere. 
Where ever it was, it caught my eye. It was pretty I quite liked it, I admired it for a while, then moved on. So many quilts, so little time.
But the seed was sewn and my muse began to put ideas into my head. Or maybe it was that damn squirrel again! Who ever it was, she wasn't letting go of this one
Of course, I hadn't bookmarked the page or pinned the image. I couldn't remember what it was called or where I'd seen it.
But that little voice kept on chittering away at me.
I'm not even sure I remember exactly what it looked like.
I looked at blogs and Pinterest and on my facebook groups. I checked all my usual places and just couldn't find it. But that little voice kept on at me.
So today I decided to go it alone. With a vague memory in mind I pulled fabrics and began auditions.
Then started to play with the winners.
Nothing was yelling I don't belong.
So then I started pressing and cutting.
By lunch time I had shuffled the deck on to the sitting room floor.
After a very tasty mushroom omelette I started to put all the pieces together.
And by mid afternoon I had the prettiest of Floral Delights.
This was such an easy top to make. Many of the fabrics were already cut to a convenient size. They came that way, when I adopted them from somewhere. I just added a few more, cutting them to the same size. There were no fancy blocks or seams to match, just good old mindless straight line sewing.
As my pal Janice said, it could almost have been a quilt in a day. I have batting and backing, but alas not enough of what I'd like for binding. So I stopped here at the flimsy stage. Maybe it will be layered and quilted tomorrow. Or maybe it will hang around for a while.
Who knows?
And where was my minder during all of this?
Fast asleep. Tucked up under a cosy quilt, snug against my pillow.
That seems like a good idea, I might have a nap, before I make dinner.
I hope your Saturday is as much fun as mine. 
 

11 comments:

Lin said...

Such pretty fabrics. xx

ButterZ said...

That was a good days sewing

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh I have done of those fabrics in my stash.... It's looking lovely.....

Karen S said...

Great selection of fabrics. They look great together. I think going it alone has worked really well for you.

Janice said...

A great quilt top for just one day’s playing. Yes, I had fun too, just in a different way.

Julie said...

WoW Lou!! I just love anything pretty & floral-ly ... those fabrics are beautiful. Gosh you make it sound easy when in fact it's probably quite tricky & I'm sure I could end up with it looking nothing like that. I just love it .... & I love your minder tucked away there too!!

Narelle said...

Oh sew pretty xx
I get lumps in my bed like that too! :)

Ondrea said...

Woohoo! Well done girl! You were certainly extra motivated and now you have a beautiful result.

Maria said...

A pretty new flimsy you put together today …
Hope the lump moves over so you can nap too.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful flimsy and such pretty fabrics.

Fiona said...

very pretty quilt top
Hugz