Monday 30 August 2021

A New Start.

Well my days off are all gone, and I'm back to work this afternoon.
But that time has been very productive. I don't seem to have a picture to show, but on Friday after the necessary domestics I took the slow and restful option and added some flowers to Edyta's garden before pulling out a pattern and some fabric that have been waiting for about a year. (So not terribly mature, but ready, I think). I thought I might have a read through the pattern and cutting instructions.
As you saw in my last post, Saturday was all about Floral Delights. Once I was finished with that, I worked some more on Edyta's garden. Still no picture. LOL
And did a little more reading up on my next project.
Sunday was a little different. I spent all morning making a start on the cutting for the new project. Cutting up a large piece of white fabric.
There is a lot more cutting to do on this new start, but after 3 hours, I was over it and just wanted to sit down for a while.
So after lunch I spent the afternoon and some of the evening creating more flowers for Edyta's garden.
Finally, a picture.
Today I plan to do some more cutting and create some more little bags of fabric pieces.
Look at all these beautiful batiks I get to play with.
Just cutting up white was quite boring yesterday, I think today will be a lot more interesting. It's a shame I have to go to work really. 
I'm off, to make the most of my me time today.
I hope your weekend was as productive as mine. 



 

13 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Your very busy..... Will done....

kiwikid said...

Wonderful hexies and a great collection of batiks, looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

AnnieO said...

Pretty batiks and pieced work. I’m with you on all that cutting being boring. I like my Accuquilt cutter for doing 6 layers at once, especially for 2.5” strips.

Janice said...

Whatever you make in those fabrics will be go. They are so nice and rich. I do love the cat hexy block.

Lin said...

More gorgeous fabrics!

Maria said...

You have been a busy girl…
I was busy over the weekend but not in the Cave.
Worked on packing the van for a future trip!

Gail said...

Can't wait to see what you make of all those lovely batiks! You were busy on your days off!

Julie said...

You've sure been busy with all that cutting Lou ... I just love your hexie flowers. That cat one reminds me of Halloween colours. 😊

Karen S said...

Those batiks do look gorgeous, hope you have a lot of fum with those.

Jenny said...

I love beautiful batiks as well, your selection is stunning. Wonder what you will be making with all that lovely fabric?

Fiona said...

gorgeous fabrics to play with...
Hugz

Radka said...

It is always great to star a new project, and getting all those fabrics ready, I love your selection of blue/greens. Have fun! x

Raewyn said...

I'm having a catch up read this morning. SO pleased you are rested and raring to go after your busy days at work. Sometimes you just need to do nothing for a day to let the body and brain rest. Fabulous One-day project. It's very similar in layout to 'Ruth's Quilt' by Leanne Beasley which was a dream to put together! Your Edyta's Garden flowers are lovely and your new project looks like it is going to be a beauty too. Enjoy your day!!