Saturday 19 March 2022

I did it!

What did I do?
Well, if you remember in my last blog post I had talked myself in to purchasing the Inklingo Lucy Boston Booklet and templates, so that I could try printing and cutting my own papers as each time I order a top up, I end up waiting for them to be imported. So I did it, I purchased and downloaded the PDF booklet and had a good read. Mostly it says the same as the paper booklet I already own, but, it also contains countless pages of printables, so that you can make the quilt top using various methods to join your fabric pieces, not just the Inklingo method. It took me a while to find them, but eventually I found the no seam allowance section which would enable me to print my own papers.
Every single shape required to complete a Lucy top is included, full shapes, half shapes and even some quarters.
Perfect.
I practiced on plain old paper to ensure I had things set up correctly and then popped my card into the printing machine.
I printed just one page, to see how things would go.
Success. 
I figured the best way to cut them would be with a roller blade and ruler, so I sacrificed a cutter, wrapped some tape around the handle as a reminder that this one is for paper only, and went for it.
In no time at all I had 20 new papers. One $7NZ pack of 210gsm papers will yield 240 honeycomb papers, saving me lots of money and zero wait for new papers.
I sat last night and basted fabric on to my home made papers.
I may not be a convert to the full Inklingo method of printing onto fabric and joining with a running stitch, but I am happy to continue printing my own papers using the templates provided in the pdf booklet and will probably buy other booklets in order to print other shapes. Who knows, one day I may even give one of the other methods a try.
So while I sat with Grans tray in my lap and a glue pen in my hand a certain furry member of this household decided that she has had enough of my sheepskin pouffe and she might try out Grandads stool.
Excuse me, just move over a little please...
Just a little more, I want to lie down.
So I was back to using my pouffe last night.
*
I went to the hospital on Thursday for my x-ray and had bloods drawn while I was there. No results from any of that yet. 
I had a telephone conversation with yet another Doctor yesterday. Dr P. She said that given my responses to her questions and the notes that her colleagues had recorded, she feels that I have viral Laryngitis which usually clears up in 2-3 weeks, but sometimes can take longer. She suggested that as the antibiotics are clearly not helping, I should stop taking them. Stay home, drink plenty of water and rest. 
Sounds like the perfect excuse to sit and sew.
So that is what I shall do.
But first, Tony brought a load of tomatoes in from the green house, so I'll chop them up and make relish, or sauce, or something. 

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

That looks easy to do if you use papers....I prefer running stitch, but to each their own. 'Chronic' doesn't sound like a good word to hear!

Christine M said...

That's great you can print off your own papers now. I have a friend who uses inklingo and prints onto her fabrics. She swears by it. Hope you're continuing to feel better. xxx

Karen S said...

Looks like you on-line purchase was very worthwhile if it can save you a lot of money with printing your own templates. Great idea.
It seems like rest is the only way to beat your bug. Good luck.

Lin said...

Glad to hear that the papers are working out OK for you. Sounds like you are closer to a diagnosis, hope the results come through soon. xx

ButterZ said...

Success with Lucy Boston papers. Well done. Hope now you have an answer of what’s wrong with you maybe you might start getting better.

Christine B said...

Well done on successfully printing out the papers you need, that is going to be a great help for you! Do hope you start to feel better soon. Viruses can take a long time to get better and the recommendations to rest sounds perfect for more stitching! Have a lovely weekend. Christine x

Maria said...

Cutting your own papers guarantees a good supply as well as save you money.
Your furry friend is pushy !
Do hope you get better soon. 🤗

Janet O. said...

Good for you finding a solution to the paper shapes issue. I have been behind on blogs and just read your last few. Honestly, your stitching and cooking sounds very productive for someone under the weather. I hope Dr. P. has found the answer, and that it proves to be true.
I had to laugh at Belle as she decided to do a takeover of Grandad's stool. :)

Chookyblue...... said...

Dam you got papers.... Full steam ahead again..... You'll be finished in no time .....

Janice said...

It sounds like you have your papers well and truly sorted now. Phew. Let’s hope the Dr is right and it goes away…..soon

Ondrea said...

I seem to remember looking at that LB info a couple of years ago. I like my papers to be light card rather than paper and I make my little Civil War quilts by stitching the American Piecing method ( running stitch). Hope you get a diagnosis soon .

Rose Marie said...

So glad you got the Inklingo sorted out and working for you. What a pleasure to print out the template size you need instead of waiting. My friend prints directly onto fabric and she is happy with that. Hope you start to feel better soon.

cityquilter grace said...

1. glad no covid and that maybe now the healthcare team is headed right direction
2. wise decision to get booklet for your papers
3. all those tomatoes, yowza! good eating in the winter for sure
4. such pretty lucy blocks...it'll be gorgeous when done.
5. all better soon i hope!

kiwikid said...

Well done with cutting your own papers, sounds really good. Mmmm, your cat seems to want to be where your feet need to be!! Hope you are feeling much better soon and resting lots.

Diane-crewe said...

well done you with the papers x HOPEFULLY the Dr is right and it will clear-up soon x

jude's page said...

Glad you had success with the papers, and you will be set for the year with your tomato harvest!