Friday 4 March 2022

An armchair, a cat, some rulers and Lucy.

When I was out op shopping with Debbie last week, we spotted the cutest wee arm chair. We both tried it out and agreed that it is very comfy and perfect for a shorty like me. I walked away thinking about it and had a chat with Tony. We agreed that if it was still there on Monday morning I should buy it.
And it was still there. As it's only little, we were able to get it into the back of Debbie's car and brought it right home. It fits beautifully in to the corner of my sewing room. It's predecessor was a little on the large side, but this one is perfect. 
Even Belle approves!
My blanket fits nicely over the back and the sewing caddy that Janice made for me fits on the arm and I've refilled the pockets with all those useful little items. Belle is all curled up on my old dressing gown, she loves it and if I leave it anyplace other than the back of the bedroom door, I know I'll find her on it. I am supposed to be making it into a bed for her, so it was lying in my room, waiting. I'm sure she thinks I put it on the chair just for her. 
On Tuesday my awaited Ruler foot for Sally Skyline arrived but I didn't get a chance to play, until yesterday. I had fun practising making pretty flowers. 
This was flower number 2. There was a lot more experimenting, but no photos, sorry.  A little more practise methinks. But it was fun and easier than I thought.
I have crumb blocks all ready to play on. They will make good placemats for Tony and I.
I didn't spend all day playing with my rulers, I moved to the sitting room to prepare more papers for Lucy. And ended up getting a little carried away.
I've joined the first row. 
Not the best picture, taken at night in artificial lighting with a reluctant quilt angel holding it up for me.
I was rather pleased with it last night and looking at it in daylight this morning happier still.
I'll need to hop online and buy some more papers for it. Why do they sell packets of papers in such tiny quantities, when you need such huge quantities for even a small quilt top? 
I'm off work sick for a couple of days. I'm pretty sure it's just a head cold, but I have to do RAT tests anyway and I don't want to share even a cold with the residents at work. 
More time to sew.

12 comments:

Jeanette said...

Cute chair. Love your Lucy, it's beautiful. I agree about the papers. I need to buy more of the squares. Hugs, xx

Maria said...

Hope you’re feeling better soon.
Fabulous chair and approved by Belle.
Great quilting with the flower.
Lovely Lucy row…..
If your start La Passacaglia you get approx 2900 papers! 😲

Jennifer said...

That's a very nifty chair! Hope all goes well for your test....you don't want to get the covid plague.

Christine B said...

Love how your Lucy quilt is looking. You are using such pretty colours. Hope you feel better soon. Christine xx

Fiona said...

Perfect new chair .... great find. Lucy is looking good...

Hugz

Janice said...

We expect to see lots of stitching now you have the perfect chair. Lucy is looking good so is the ruler work.

Hanne said...

Your new armchair looks like a really good find. Perfect for you ❤
It is so nice to follow your block progress 🥰

kiwikid said...

Hope you are feeling better soon, enjoy that extra sewing time. Great find with the chair, it looks perfect for you and Bella! Your ruler quilting looks fantastic and Lucy is going so well.

Christine M said...

What a perfect chair to sit and stitch in. That is of course Belle lets you! Your flower quilting looks pretty good for only the second one. Lucy looking great. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Ondrea said...

Well done on your purchase. Hope it is comfy ( I am height challenged too ). Yey! Lucy is coming together now.

Karen S said...

It was obviously meant to be. How perfect to find the right chair. Lots of stitching time can be had in that one.
Great to see the Lucy blocks coming together. They will be lovely.

Chookyblue...... said...

Oops the chair made it home...... Wow you made progress on Lucy..... Are you just going to continue to build those blocks into the whole sure note.......