Sunday 13 March 2022

In the kitchen

Just as a change from Lucy, I thought you might like to see what else is going on here at my place.
Although I'm off work with something respiratory I have been able to get on a do a little bit in the kitchen. Tony as you know is partial to some home baking and has been known to devour a whole slice in less then 16 hours!
I'm happy to say this latest slice is in to it's second day.
I wonder if he hopped on the scales recently?
This tasty wee treat is called magic slice.
It's one of those recipes where you pretty much dump everything into the tray and let it sort itself out.
Very tasty. It was a new to me recipe and will be a keeper. I'd better have a look about and decide what to make next as it is almost gone now.
*
A friend recently asked if she could have a baby off my spider plant. The plant was pretty heavily laden and many babies broke off easily as I tried to prise out just two or three pieces. So I popped them all in to water. They only took a few days to grow roots.
A job for today will be to get them potted and ready to go to new homes. 
There are still plenty of babies on the mother plant, but it is getting a little late in the season for propagation, so I'll leave them where they are until spring. 
*
Before I get all green fingered though a must do job today is to use up some tomatoes.
The weather this summer has been changeable to say the least. Hot one day, cold the next followed by a few days of mediocre. A recent spell of warmer weather brought on a whole bunch of tomatoes.
Added to the few that were already in the pantry I have enough to make a batch of relish and also a small batch of sauce. Hopefully Tony will volunteer to help chop and stir again today.
With frosts forecast for next week we had better make the most of what we have as I don't think there will be many more batches of sauce or relish this year.
*
It was good to see those of you who made it into Chookys impromptu zoom session on Saturday. I still sound weird and get out of breath over nothing, so will be on to the Doctors office again tomorrow. (Monday) Though I did sound almost normal when I was talking to Tony early this morning.
Well that's my news, I'm off to get busy in the kitchen. 
Hope you're all having a good weekend. 



12 comments:

Jeanette said...

The slice looks yummy. Good to see you yesterday & i hope you get your health problem sorted soon. Hugs, xx

Jennifer said...

Love the sound of that slice....I am off to google it! Hope you get better, it's frustrating when something hangs on and on.

ButterZ said...

Good to catch up too. Those tomatoes look like they have so much flavour. All those slices, yummy…..

Fiona said...

oooh I like the sound of that slice.... have looked up the recipe and will give it a go.... thank you. Glad you are getting better even slowly.....
Hugz

Ondrea said...

Oh dear, I do hope you feel better soon. I found Chooky's email too late, I was still in bed when she sent it lol. The slice looks yummy and you have a lively abundance of tomatoes. Ours are just finishing and I picked the last 4 from one plant yesterday. Unfortunately, I can't eat nightshades but hubby manages to eat them all anyway lol.

Christine B said...

You sound like you have lots to keep you occupied! I love the look of the slice and the tomatoes will make delicious sauces! Hope all goes well at the Dr and have a good week! Christine xx

kiwikid said...

Lots of goodies in your kitchen, I hope you are feeling better soon. Good lot of tomatoes from you plants.

Maria said...

Do hope you are feeling better soon…
That slice looks delicious!
Loads of tomatoes your harvesting, have fun making sauce and relish.
I missed the Zoom met as by the time I read it you would have all gone.😢

Lynda said...

Hope you're feeling 100% soon. I'm going to make that slice!

jude's page said...

That slice looks amazing, and I am drooling over all your tomatoes!! Hope you're feeling better soon, and sorry you have to go to so much trouble just to see a doctor, I mean where else do you go when you are sick?

Janice said...

It’s good to see you have been busy in the kitchen. I’m glad your tomatoes finally started to produce. I suppose it is starting to get to the time of year that we expect frosts. Hopefully we won’t get any for a little while yet. Your slice looks yummy.

Chookyblue...... said...

What's in that slice?
The tomorrow look good yes pick them all now .... Frost seems so far away here......
Lovely to see you for the sudden zoom..... You sounded terrible but glad your taking our advice and going back to the drs......