Tuesday 22 March 2022

More Kitchen Happenings.

When we still lived in Ramsey on the Isle of Man, Tony and I both enjoyed visiting one of the local Chinese Take away stores.  We have been disappointed not to find a good replacement here in Timaru. So we have been trying out various recipes for some of our favourites.  Tony especially misses his Deep fried crispy shredded beef. We've tried one or two recipes that I have found on the internet, then this one popped up on Pinterest.
This recipe got a big thumbs up. I tweaked it a little the second time we made it by adding the carrot pieces.  Oh my goodness, even I have to agree, it is very tasty and we will be making it again.
This morning I came across a yummy looking slice recipe and just had to give it a go.
It took a little longer to bake than the recipe said, but it is incredibly good, tasty, moreish and chewy just like it's name says.
I highly recommend both recipes. 
*
My mystery illness seems to have turned a corner. My voice is improving, I sound almost normal at times. I still sleep late and take naps, but I'm feeling better.
Thank you to everyone for your get well wishes, it really does mean a lot.
*
Time to go and play with Lucy. 

 

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, nice....you are making me feel hungry, and I've just eaten! Can you put a link to the Chewy coconut slice? The link takes you to the beef recipe.

kiwikid said...

Nice looking food, you are a great cook. Good to hear you are feeling a bit better. Enjoy Lucy time.

Lin said...

Good to hear that you are starting to feel better Lou. That beef does look good. We have a local Chinese takeaway which we have yet to try - after years in rural France with nere a takeaway in sight, we have got out of the habit! Must get it back. xx

Tazzie said...

I'm so glad you're starting to feel better, that's great news!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Christine B said...

Your delicious cookery is making my mouth water! Love Chinese food and the cake looks yummy! Christine xx

Fiona said...

Good to hear you are feeling better, yummy food too....
Hugz

Diane-crewe said...

SO glad you are feeling better x NOW.. as my mouth is watering I have to go and raid the kitchen cupboards !! lol

Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased to hear you turned the corner.......its been far to long.........take care....hugs.......