Thursday 10 March 2022

Still Isolating and Lucy is Growing.

 So even though I do not have Covid, I'm still doing the right thing and staying at home, isolating.
I managed to see a Doctor on Monday. That was a mission. I phoned and asked in my croaky tweenage boy voice if I could see someone, after explaining that I had called last week and been sent for covid tests and had since returned three negative RATs. 
The receptionist said I should go for a test! 
So I explained again that I had negative tests and have been ill since last week, I really need some help please. 
She said that they could arrange a telephone appointment. 
I asked her how the Doctor was supposed to look at my throat and ears, and listen to my breathing over the phone?
 Her response was, "well we don't want sick people in our waiting room."  
I asked if not their Doctor then where sick people are supposed to go? How can a Doctor diagnose something he cannot see?  What did she suggest? 
She got snarky with me at that point and said "I suppose we could do a carpark appointment." 
So I saw a Doctor in the pouring rain in the carpark.  I parked as close to the door as I could get. I wasn't too bad in my car, but the poor Doctor got soaked. 
His diagnosis? There is definitely something going on in my glands, I need antibiotics and I did the right thing insisting on seeing him in person. I guess his receptionist had complained about me.
I wasn't allowed in to the pharmacy either, so the lovely lady ran outside with my prescription and the card machine. At least she had a brolly. 
Thank you to everyone who sent lovely get well thoughts and wishes. A couple of days on antibiotics and I'm improving. I still sound a bit odd, but way better than I did. And I made it through yesterday without naps and snoozes. But I still slept late this morning. 
So what have I been doing to keep myself busy, while not snoozing?
Working on Lucy of course.
I've been removing papers as I add blocks, so that I could make up more white pieces. I spent some time last night removing more papers, so today I'll be basting more white fabric and I do still have plenty of blue squares I could make up. 
That's about all the excitement I can manage at the moment, so I'm off to make a cuppa and settle into my armchair to play with fabric. 
Thank you once again for all the good wishes.

18 comments:

Gail said...

I'm so sorry you are ill! It's just miserable being sick. Good old antibiotics can really make a difference. Lucy is looking good, You're a sewing goddess!

Janice said...

Lucy, warm cuppas and being looked after by Tony sound the go. Thank goodness you persevered to see a doctor. I hope your fighting fit soon, now that you are finally receiving some treatment.

Janet O. said...

Good for you for being insistent! Sounds like a crazy approach to medical care--"No sick people in the waiting room."
Glad you are seeing the effects of the antibiotic on your illness. And we are seeing the effects of your illness on Lucy! Looking good!

Lin said...

So it's not just in the UK that Dr's receptionists 'think they know more than the Dr'! Glad you insisted and got to see him in the end. Good to hear that the antibiotics are helping and I hope that you continue to improve.
Lucy is benefiting though and looking gorgeous. Perfect mindless work for when you are not up to scratch. xx

Maria said...

So good you persevered and finally saw a doctor 👨‍⚕️ and that your meds are helping you feel better.
Lucy’s looking great….

Christine B said...

Glad you managed to get an appointment and hence the right medication and that you are now improving. Love how your quilt is growing. It's beautiful! Christine xx

Jennifer said...

Some receptionists can be dragons.....glad to hear you are doing a little better. Lucy is certainly growing!

ButterZ said...

I’m so glad you insisted. I don’t know how people are supposed to get better when they can’t physically see a dr. Hope you improve quickly

Rebecca said...

"No sick people in the waiting room"
Well doesn't that just say it all...
So glad you stayed the course and got in ( sort of) to see the now wet Doctor who probably now has a cold from working in the rain...

Denice Barker said...

Did you suggest to the doctor that he provide sensitivity training for his phone people?

Jenny said...

What a mission to get a doctor's appointment, just as well you insisted. Other poor folk would have given up and then what would happen to them? Do hope you start to feel better once the antibiotics kick in. Take care, rest, and cuddle that pretty cat, or Tony, perhaps.

PAM said...

OMG sounds like this is a common complaint at Dr's around NZ at the moment. But so pleased you persisted Lou and are now on the improve. I hope you had a word in the Dr's ear about customer service?
Take care. Lucy is looking gorgeous

Julie said...

I'm so sorry to read you have been so sick Lou. I am pleased you insisted & finally got some antibiotics & are feeling on the mend. Lucy is looking wonderful. Take good care Lou. xx

cityquilter grace said...

happy you dodged the covid bullet but not that you are under the weather...glad for drugs that help....lovely lucy coming along great! it'll be a top in no time...and yummy foodie photos! it's irish soda bread today for me!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Caught up on your posts now and I must say happy to read you saw the doc and now have your treatment underway. Sometimes we do need medicine! Lucy is coming along nicely. That will be a beauty, I predict.

marina said...

Sorry to hear you're unwell. We had a similar doctor's experience with my young granddaughter. We had to have a car park examination as they didn't want sick people in the waiting room! I was polite but wanted to tell him that perhaps he had forgotten the purpose of his occupation. Nobody goes to the doctor's when they are well! the world is in a poor state
love your Lucy blocks coming together
speedy recovery

Raewyn said...

I had missed this post - gosh, you have't been well have you? Good on you insisting to be seen 'in person'. Hubby had a bad time with a phone consult last year and ended up in hospital the next day!

Chookyblue...... said...

Takes a battle to see a Dr now days........
Lucy is looking great......