Monday 7 March 2022

Weekend progress

Thank you to those who sent get well wishes. 
We've established that it is not covid!
But what ever it is, it got worse since Fridays post.  I sound like scooby doo, or a tweenage boy.
It's making me just ill enough to sleep in past nine and run out of energy very regularly.  But I have been able to carry on crafting. I thought about playing some more with my rulers, but decided that required too much brain power, next I thought I might try cross stitching, but that just didn't appeal. In the end I spent some time with Lucy, it really does not take much thought or effort to cut and baste plain white honeycomb pieces. So I did that, until I ran out of papers.
Next I started sewing some blue squares together, and adding white honeycomb pieces. After joining the first row of crosses together on Friday, I was able to free up some more honeycomb papers. It feels a little like robbing Peter to pay Paul, but at least I was able to make progress.
So here is a whole weekends progress, in between naps and snoozes. There are a couple more square blocks that were completed, but I forgot to take a picture of them.
Honeycomb papers are hard to get hold of in NZ at the moment, everywhere I look has them on order and is awaiting delivery. So in order to free up some more, I'll have to finish the row of squares and add another row of crosses. 
*
It wasn't all about Lucy. 
On Saturday I made a batch of tomato sauce for the freezer. Well I ended up as more of a supervisor really, I set out with good intentions but after chopping all the onions, a carrot and some celery, Tony helped out by chopping the massive bowl of tomatoes and volunteered to stir the pot while I had a rest.
On Sunday I made a flapjack. Tony helped again. Weighing all the ingredients as I read them out.
Although I've made flapjack many times before this is a recipe I had not tried previously. 
It was a little dry, maybe I'll tweak it and try again.
It must taste good, there are only three pieces left!
*
Well that's my news. How was your weekend?

 

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lucy is growing beautifully......sending good wishes for a good recovery!

Janet O. said...

Sorry you've been sick. Your description of your voice mad me laugh.
Look at Lucy grow! That is exciting to see your progress.
Isn't everything hard to get these days?
Okay, that is not what comes to mind when I think "flapjack". What do Americans have wrong this time? What exactly is a flapjack in your neck of the woods?

Maria said...

Sorry you are still unwell , get better soon.
Good Lucy progress and some more yummy baking …

Rose Marie said...

Wishing you speedy recovery as you work on Lucy!

Lin said...

You are making good progress with Lucy. Hope you feel better soon - it obviously hasn't affected your appetite! xx

Fiona said...

you really got knocked down there.... hopefully you will be fully recovered soon. Lucy is looking gorgeous
Hugz

Lynda said...

Hope you're starting to feel better. So many yukky viruses around at the moment. Your Lucy blocks are lovely. What is a flapjack?

Christine B said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell and I hope you recover quickly. I love the blue you are using for your Lucy quilt. So vibrant and pretty. (Blue is my favourite colour!) Have a restful week. Christine xx

Janice said...

I hope you are finally on the mend. It sounds like Tony is being a treasure. You did well with your Lucy progress.

ButterZ said...

Sorry to hear you are still not feeling the best. Lucy is growing nicely. Tony is doing well.

kiwikid said...

Hope you are feeling much better soon. Lucy is looking wonderful, hopefully you can raid enough pieces to keep going. Flapjack to me is a pancake, not to you obviously!

Chookyblue...... said...

Bugger about the papers.... Lucy is growing.... Glad it's not Covid.... Take care.....