Wednesday 23 November 2022

Fully Finished Objects

I've had a busy couple of days since my last post. I've been busy in the garden all that rain followed by beautiful warm sunny days had meant great growing conditions.
For WEEDS!
I also made time to finish the last six questions for my course, only two observational assessments remain to be completed.
Yippie!
It feels so good to have it pretty much all behind me.
And of course I made time for some sewing. As promised I used the camouflage fabric to border my brothers regiment badge. 
I popped it in to the post today, hopefully it will reach him before Christmas.
Then I got on and finished cross stitching the second Minion.
Some other finishing treatments also took place.
It was a very bright sunny day today so their portraits are a little washed out, but don't they look good?
I am delighted with my efforts. I showed one to a work colleague yesterday and she assures me that the recipient will love hers.
Tony looks pretty happy with his too.
I'm having fun with cross stitching so pulled out a project I've had kitted for a while and made a start, more about that another time.
Hope your week is going well.

14 comments:

ButterZ said...

Your minions look great.

Lin said...

Nice finishes Lou - the minions do look great! xx

Jennifer said...

Well done, Lou....your finishes are great!

Christine B said...

Fabulous finishes Lou! I am sure both your brother and the recipient of the minion ornament will love what you have made! Congratulations on getting the study behind you! Enjoy the rest of your week. Christine xx

Jenny said...

Your brother's badge looks great. Does he know you were stitching this for him or will it be a surprise?

Rose Marie said...

You've made great strides in the last few days. Your brother is sure to love his badge and those minions ..... well, so cute!

Fiona said...

Woohoo. well done with the assessments. the minion decorations are great and I'm sure your brother will be thrilled with his badge...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Wonderful finishes, the Minions look amazing, Tony looks very happy!

cityquilter grace said...

adorable minion ornies...

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Love your minions. They're such fun!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh that regiment badge piece turned out perfectly...I like the black for the letters. Love the fabric you chose. You have turned out some great cross stitch pieces. Fun and a great pastime when it rains and you have such a comfy sleeping kitty beside you. Oh and how great to have the bulk of your course work behind you!

Janice said...

How good to have all those cross stitch projects completed. The minion decorations are rather cute. No wonder Tony is happy with his. I look forward to see what your next project will be.

jude's page said...

I hear you when you said about the perfect growing conditions.... for weeds!! I have the same problem here.

dq said...

Look at you go - so many hours in those cute little Christmas minions!