Sunday 20 November 2022

A whole day of stitching.

Yesterday New Zealand got a taste of the awful wet weather that NSW has been experiencing. It rained all night long and continued to rain all day long too. In 24 hours we had over two months worth of rain.  Like I said, just a taste of what Australia is experiencing. 
A good day to stay home and sew.
First I pulled out my brothers regiment badge it was last mentioned here on my blog back in February, on his birthday funnily enough. I had made progress since then and had only the back stitch detail to add to the lion, the right side of the laurel wreath and the black lettering at the bottom. 
Looking at it now I wish I had ditched the black provided in the kit and used a very dark brown for the letters, but never mind, it's done now. I started this one way back in January and should have had it done a long time ago.  I'll finish it into a wall hanger using the camouflage fabric you see in the image. Maybe a job for today. 
*
Next I pulled out a wee cross stitch project that I kitted up a couple of days ago.
Hmm, someone kept trying to get on to Grandads foot stool.
She was eventually persuaded to curl up on the sofa. But only after Tony had arranged a blanket for her.
In no time at all she was sound asleep.
It didn't take me long to complete the cross stitching on this little project. 
It will be my Secret Santa gift at work.
Here he is just as I started the back stitching.
I stopped to take photos because this had happened.
She stood up, stretched, yawned, gave me a dirty look, turned around and settled down again.
Oh for the life of a cat!
Back to the stitching.
And after back stitching.
I'll finish him as an ornament and wrap him up with a chocolate bar.
When I showed Tony he was delighted by the lil' guy and asked me to make one for him too. So I started a second one.
I got this far by 9pm when I decided that I had done enough for one day.
I'll get him finished today.
*
Tony has a job. 
He is still looking for something else, this one is just a job, it pays minimum wage and he is not enjoying it.  But it is a job and better than nothing.
So please keep those fingers and pins crossed just a little longer. 
*
After studying all day Friday, I have completed all of my course work. Yay!
I need to have three observational assessments done. 
And bulk out my responses to the last 6 questions.
Hopefully it will all be marked before Christmas.
Then I'm done.
Yippie!
*
And here comes the sunshine, it's going to be a hot and humid day.
Hope your weekend is going well.

21 comments:

Annelein said...

Glad Tony has work and I'll keep hoping he will get something he likes to do. Love your minion. And the base looks great!

Fiona said...

You made good progress with the sewing.... gosh that's a lot of rain in one go. All the best for Tony's work... its awful being stuck in a job one doesn't like..
Hugz

Jeanette said...

The regimental cross stitch looks great, love the minion - so cute. Glad to hear Tony has a job & hope he finds something better & more to his liking.

Ondrea said...

We have had heaps ofthe rain here too. Our front path was a pond and a duck was enjoying itself in it lol. Love your Christmas Minion. Where did you get the crossstitch pattern from? I hope your hubby finds some more suitable work soon.

Jennifer said...

That weather is definitely not fun! Well done on the cross stitch....I have a couple of unfinished pieces, might look at them again one day.

Raewyn said...

We've been crazy wet for November too...glad you were able to use the wet day to your advantage - your whole day stitching was very productive! The Christmas Minion is too cute and your brother will be delighted with his regiment badge. I'm pleased to hear Tony has a job - and hopefully it will tide him over until something better comes along. And well done on finishing your course work - you really are on the home stretch now!

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kiwikid said...

Great to have the regimental badge finished, I love the Minion!!! Good to hear Tony has a job, hopefully his ideal job is not far away. That cat of yours likes her comforts doesn't she!! Well done on completing all your course work, that is a great effort.

ButterZ said...

Oh the minion is so cute. The weather is terrible. Fingers crossed for Tony and a new job to make him happy. It is very hard to settle into something you like

Maria said...

Backstitching on a cross stitch really finishes it nicely…
How cute is the Minon 🎅 Santa. No wonder Tony wanted one.
Keeping fingers crossed Tony gets a better job but as you say it’s something.
Well done to you with all your studies…

Denice Barker said...

good for Tony, even if he wants something else, he has his foot in the door at least.
You are getting rain, we are getting snow. Lots of it, too.
Love the stitching, whoever gets the Minion will be lucky! I love those little guys, they make me laugh everytime.

Christine B said...

Congratulations on getting your studying almost complete and on Tony getting some work. I love your Minion cross stitch! Christine xx

Lianne makes stuff said...

I love a rainy day but yes enough is enough, your minions are very cute I have so many cross stitch kits and patterns I need to do some now and then and I hope Tony gets a better job soon you have to enjoy what you do.

Lynda said...

Great news that you're pretty much done with your course and that Tony has a job.

Amazing how much difference some backstitching makes to the cross stitches. Your brother is going to be tickled pink and so will your secret santa partner.

Lin said...

Nice to get those cross stitch projects done - and those assesments. Glad Tony has a job - it's always easier to find a job when you have a job is my mantra. xx

jude's page said...

Congrats on finishing your study, bet that is a relief.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I'm happy to hear that Tony got some work and hopefully he finds a job he enjoys more, very soon.

Love your minion. Super cute!

Rose Marie said...

Your x-stitch is cute. So glad to hear Tony has a job and that you are soon to be finished with your course.

cityquilter grace said...

good news all around...

Janice said...

Well, you did have a very full weekend, with your stitching and study. Very productive. Yes, a cat’s life is rather luxurious. I’m glad to hear that Tony has a job, even if it isn’t the dream job as yet.

dq said...

So glad Tony found something even if it is temporary in his eyes. The one thing about our generation is that we are willing to work even if it feels beneath us sometimes. Time will find him what he is really looking for. Sorry he doesn't like it.
Are you studying to be a nurse?