Tuesday 15 November 2022

Progress has slowed.

A bit if life and work and plenty of study have gotten in the way again.
But I have all of the Chun dash blocks completed.
I even managed to create my churn in a churn dash.
Can someone with EQ7 reach out please as I did have issues.
I asked that my churn in a churn block finish at 8 inches, so I expected to have a raw edge finish of 8.5, but I got 9. I tried making my quarter inch seam a little deeper on my second go, but I still ended up losing some points on the inner churn dash.
I have the green sashing strips and yellow corner stones all cut, I just need to make time to sew them on. 
*
Only three more units of study left to complete and I am half way through one of them.
I will be so happy once this is over and my time is all my own again.
*

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

That looks so good, Lou! I don't know why the difference in size....I have designed blocks and not had that problem. I wonder if it's the on-point setting? Still, the lost points blend into the outer strips and it works well.

Jenny said...

Your blocks look great.

ButterZ said...

That looks so good. Love your centre block. Sorry no help for EQ.

Fiona said...

I love how you have done that quilt.... hope you find how to sort the sizes.

Hugz

dq said...

Ugg. The size difference is annoying. One simple fix is a white border all the way around all the blocks which would make the churn dashes float in white. It would look nice, and you could make the "too big" block with a little narrower border but make the final blocks all the same size. I doubt it would be very noticeable.

I LOVE this quilt so much more than my house one!!!

Lin said...

Your churn dashes look great and good luck with getting those units out of the way. xx

Christine B said...

The blocks all look fabulous Lou and congratulations on getting through some more of your study! Christine xx

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I really like how that is coming along
and the churn is churn is really cool!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your blocks look wonderful and I must say your clever turned churn box there in the middle kind of sets it all off. Lovely job!

Rose Marie said...

Oh, your top is so sweet!!! I'm puzzled too about your sizing issue. Have EQ7 and never an issue.

Diane-crewe said...

It looks wonderful x Well done for making the block “fit in” with the others x

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your quilt is coming along beautifully. I use EQ too and am not sure why it would give you a different size than what you'd put down to start with. Possibly when you printed the cutting requirements - could it have been set to 9"?

Karen S said...

Your blocks look great. I often wonder what to do when I have eight blocks. You have a great solution to that.

Raewyn said...

Your Churn Dash blocks are gorgeous and the top will look lovely with the sashing and cornerstones! Have you solved the mystery of the 8"-9" block? I can have a play on my EQ8 if you like?

Janice said...

Despite interruptions, it didn’t take you long to make your blocks. They worked out well. Good luck on the last section of your studies.