Tuesday 29 November 2022

This one is for Jorja.

 For the last year I have had a lovely young lady working with me as my mentee. She was studying to be a nurse and wanted to gain some practical experience in a care giving role. With guidance from myself and my colleagues as well as her own hard work and studies, she has become a very confidant and qualified Enrolled Nurse.
When she decided it was time to leave me behind and move on in her career I gifted this quilt to her.
It has purple in it, so I knew I was on to a winner.
Although she is moving on with her life, she has remained working within the same organisation, so I see her often. Last night during a very brief encounter in the carpark I gifted my latest make to her.
A pendibule.
Purple again of course. I used a variegated DMC thread.
It was surprisingly quick to stitch and make up.
Even with all of those tiny beads along the edge.
It was fun to make and I plan to make at least one more.
Although I can find dozens of pattern ideas for pendibules I can't seem to find a definition.
Using what I know of European languages I'm going to go with hanging ornament.
Here it is Jorja, your moment of fame on my wee blog and my opportunity to say that I have missed working with you and wish you every happiness in what I hope will be a long career. You are a very caring young lady and I'm sure you'll be a great nurse. 
*
Now I'm off to do housework, before I sit n stitch on the Spitfire. 

15 comments:

ButterZ said...

That’s very thoughtful of you Lou. You have been busy with your cross stitching. The ornament is very cute.

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous pendible. Love it in purple.

Jennifer said...

What a lovely gesture, Lu....and I think your definition is right, pendant means to hang.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes how sweet you are to share your stitchy talents. The quilt and your pendible are lovely...had never heard of such till reading it here. Always great to learn a new word. Love the cross stitching of course.

Fiona said...

lovely gift.... unusual decoration - i love it...

Hugz

Annelein said...

What a lovely gifts you made.

Lin said...

Lovely tribute and the pendibule is gorgeous. I must look them up! xx

Christine B said...

What a lovely gift. Jorja sounds a lovely young lady. Christine xx

Rose Marie said...

Such beautiful treasures you have made for this young lady. So nice of you!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

What a lovely blessing for your mentee!!

Jenny said...

How nice to make your co-worker such lovely gifts.

Ondrea said...

Lol I was going to ask what a pendibule is. It is so pretty. Your mentee has great taste in colour ..*grin* . The quilt looks very soft and pretty. Good to hear another wonderful nurse is out there looking after people.

cityquilter grace said...

so very kind lou...she will remember you always

kiwikid said...

Lovely of you to gift her the quilt and pendibule, a good mentor makes a huge difference in someones career.

Janice said...

Lovely gifts for a special lady.