Saturday 26 November 2022

Still Cross Stitching.

 The weather man said that we would be having some wet and wild weather, so while I was in the garden the other day I thought I might as well cut some flowers as the wind and rain would spoil them.
I cut several of my Peonies. Such beautiful flowers. I was right, the weather has spoiled those remaining outside, but there are still some tight buds that may survive. Meanwhile I'll enjoy having these beauties on my table.
I really enjoyed stitching the minions ornaments and decided to keep on stitching.
I made this lovely for one of the ladies at work. Just as a Random act of kindness.
She really liked it.
I've also been picking away at a larger cross stitch project. Hopefully I'll get this spitfire completed in time to do 'something' with it for Tony and wrap it up for Christmas.
It's actually a little further along than this. I must get another picture. 
That's all my stitchy news.
Working this weekend. Brooke the Registered Nurse did another observational assessment this evening. Only one observation left to do and my course is complete.
That feels so good.
Hope you're having a great weekend.
😀

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful peonies, Lou.....I don't think they grow here, but they do an hour away where it's cooler. Well done on the stitching!

Jenny said...

You have done so well with your studies, one more assessment and you are finished. So that will give you some extra quilting and stitching time, and maybe even a pay increase!

Ali Honey said...

Beautiful peonies. Its too warm to grow them here. Dear Lou I am still having trouble getting your words to readable size. I can right click on your photos and enlarge them but your actual blog page is still thin and tiny. I have 2 ways of trying to read it - Reading List and on my blog list down the side of my blog but both give me no improvement. I really can't work it out. Yours is the only blog I have this problem with. Has anyone else had a problem?
At the moment I can read your 1st paragraph only ( in Reading list ).
I like your blog and want to read it All.

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous peonies. The spitfire looks good.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful peonies, I have little plants but no sign of flowers. You are making great stitching progress. You are so close to completing your course!! Well done

jude's page said...

Love your flowers, and great idea to pick them before the weather event. Good that you have reached another milestone with your study.

Lin said...

Gorgeous flowers. Nice gift for your colleague and good luck with the spitfire! xx

dq said...

I love peonies and love that the other side of the world can grow them right now when we cannot - too cold.
NIce cross stitch!

Janice said...

Your peonies are beautiful. Something we’ve never grown. Two lovely gifts for Christmas. I hope you get your next assessment over soon.

Fiona said...

Those peonies are so pretty .... great with the assessments being done too - not long to go on that.... the cross stitch looks very intricate
Hugz

Christine B said...

Absolutely love peonies and yours are beautiful. Well done on finishing another observation. Christine xx

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh those peonies!!! I had those in the garden in Christchurch, they're not happy in Auckland! Cute wee stitched ornament for your friend at work, I'm not f=surprised to read that she liked it. The Spitfire looks pretty time consuming!