Sunday 20 August 2023

Caramel Peanut Bubble Slice.

 A whole post about food!

Last night while zooming with Chooky and the girls the talk turned to food as it often does and I mentioned that I had made this slice to take to work to share with my colleagues and was asked to share the recipe.

Here you go Susan. 

Caramel Peanut Bubble Slice.


450 g Jersey caramels. (Two packets).
2 table spoons smooth peanut butter.
75 g Unsalted butter.
1/4 cup of milk.
4 cups rice bubbles
1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts coarsely chopped.
3/4 cup desiccated coconut.
Extra coconut for sprinkles.

Line an 18 x 28 cm tin
Combine the caramels, peanut butter, butter and milk in a pan and melt over a gentle heat. Stirring often until smooth. 
Place rice bubbles, peanuts and coconut into a bowl, add the caramel mixture and stir until well combined. 
Press the mixture firmly into the tin, smooth the top and press in some coconut sprinkles. 
Cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for 3-4 hours or over night.
Lift from pan slice and enjoy. 

Easy Peasy.

It keeps well in a Tupperware style container in my pantry.

I wonder what would happen if I used salted peanuts?
A salted caramel version?
I might try it.
I don't buy unsalted butter I just use what I have. 

*
I did sew during the zoom session and will take some photos and talk about that sometime soon.
Enjoy what's left of your weekend.

9 comments:

Jeanette said...

Thanks Lou. Can't wait to try the slice out. :)

Ondrea said...

Looks yummy. Stop tempting me lol!

Chookyblue...... said...

hmmm......will have to give that one a try..........thanks for the recipe........great to see you on zoom......

Maria said...

Thanks Lou. As I’m not good at baking I reckon I could this a try.
Need to make two things to sell at our Quilt Hanging ( we do all the catering with homemade treats)
See how I go??? 🤔

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You are so going to enjoy retirement when work will no longer get in the way of your fun stuff! What a cute grandson! Both of these treats look so good...last post and here too. And my that quilt on your bed is awesome! What a job you did on the quilting.

Christine B said...

Sounds absolutely delicious! Christine xx

Janice said...

Yum! That sounds good

Susan said...

Thank you - I will make it for the next time one of my groups meets here.

Susan said...

Thank you - I will make this early September when I host my sewing group here.