Wednesday 9 August 2023

Lucy Blue is finally a fully completed quilt.

The binding is on Lucy and she is all finished. When he got home from work yesterday Tony agreed to come outdoors with me for a quick photo shoot. It had to be quick, daylight was fading fast.
Hmm, there was a bit of a breeze too. But eventually I caught her just right.
When I suggested that Lucy would look good in old man tree Tony wasn't convinced but did as I asked.
I think he did ok for an armature.
Hehe, I couldn't resist this one of him admiring his handiwork.
As you can see the light was very poor and the sun was behind the quilt, so I decided we should try a different tree. This time one of the cherries at the back of the house.
The light was much better and Lucy looked great draped in the cherry tree. While we were busy focusing on Lucy one final inspector came to check out what we were doing.
I tried many times to get a pic of this pretty little black fantail, this was the best of a very blurry bunch. 
He stuck around for quite a while so I think he approves, or maybe he was just making the most to two big humans scaring up the tiny flies and enjoyed his supper.
*
In other news, I have another quilt almost entirely completed, I'll show that next time. 

11 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely to have her all finished Lou, she does look lovely especially draped in the cherry tree. xx

Janice said...

Lucy looks wonderful. Go Tony for being a good sport with the artistic display. The fantail is rather cute

Denice Barker said...

Wow!!! Do you know how many years it would take me to do a Lucy quilt?? It's gorgeous (blue is my color, too) and you should be so proud of her. And a Happy Birthday, too. You were spoiled with a very nice day.

Chookyblue...... said...

Congrats on getting Lucy finished..... You did so well...... Your is finished in a flash compared to mine....... Must pull her out again...... Love the colours and the blue bins frames it will..... And esp love all the quilt pics.......

Fiona said...

Lucy is gorgeous.....

Hugz

Christine B said...

Lucy looks fantastic! Congratulations on the finish! Hugs Christine xx

Susan said...

Congratulations on finishing Lucy! it looks great in shades of one colour. I'll bear that in mind if I ever do one...LOL

cityquilter grace said...

really beautiful lou

Janet O. said...

WooHoo! Cause for celebration, I'd say! I especially love that last shot of Lucy reclining casually in the tree.
Well done, Lou!

Ondrea said...

Absolutely stunning!!!

Raewyn said...

Beautiful!! Congratulations on the final finish. Lucy will have many stories to tell in the future won't she? From friendship stitching via zoom to the latest trials and tribulations and the overcoming of them all. She looks lovely in the tree.