Wednesday 16 August 2023

Quilted and bound.

After I finished quilting the kiwi donation quilt last week another quilt began shouting to me, telling me that the 'peaks' pattern I had used would be perfect for it too but maybe I might rename as 'waves'.
The top of this quilt was started at Baradine 
and was completed here at home soon after we got back home.
 I've had the backing fabric for some time so I pulled everything out and got them loaded on to the frame. Then made a start. 
I got it about three quarters quilted before this handsome wee man and his sister arrived.
We had a roast chicken dinner followed by lots of lovely ice cream with extra sprinkles applied by Torstein.
On Monday I finished the quilting, it didn't take long and between rows I was multi tasking.
Making a yummy Lemon and weetbix slice.
Even with interruptions, it did not take long to get the final few rows quilted.
Then it was time to spread it out on the floor to trim off the excess backing and batting.
And of course after trimming I tried it out on the bed.
Then it was time to go to work. Sigh, work always seems to get in the way of the fun stuff.
Tuesday I made the binding and attached it before work. I even managed to get it about half way closed before work got in the way again. 
So today it really did not take long to finish closing the binding, and sewing on my Loulee label.
 Then as it is a lovely sunny day I took it outside for a photo shoot.
I tried the trees first, but I'm so short and the quilt is so big I struggled.
I just couldn't get the right image.  As I turned around to go back indoors I spotted the fence.
Not this angle, too much glare from the sunshine.
Better.
But still not the shot I was hoping for. ,Maybe on a nice day when Tony is home to help.
So there it is, all done.  Anchors Aweigh, designed by Tula Pink, sewn and quilted by me.
*
And because I can, here are some more photos of Torstein and his trucks.
He is very fond of his trucks and even takes one to bed.
Boys and their toys.

😂
Have a great week. 
I'm dodging Covid, there is an outbreak at work. 

12 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

oh wow your on fire at present.....welldone on another finish.....hope you don't get covid again....

Raewyn said...

It's wonderful to see your Anchor quilt finished Lou. The Wave quilting gives it a lovely texture. You really are on a roll at the moment :-) Torstein does look like he loves his trucks. I hope you stay well!

ButterZ said...

Great work. You have done a good job on Anchor away quilt.
Keep away from that covid.

Jeanette said...

The quilt looks fabulous. Love the quilting pattern. The slice looks yummy.

Christine B said...

What a beautiful finish. I really love this quilt. The Lemon Weetabix cake looks yummy too! Glad you got time with Torstein too! Hugs Christine xx

Denice Barker said...

WOW!!!!

Jenny said...

Such a great quilt, well done. We are trying hard to avoid Covid too, Robin is due for his second knee replacement in two weeks time, so we are staying home as much as we can.

Fiona said...

Love the anchor quilt and that wave quilting gives a fantastic texture to it...
Hugz

cityquilter grace said...

very nice finish lou...

Lin said...

Stunning finish, the quilting works really well. xx

Karen S said...

That is a stunning quilt. What a wonderful finish.
Well done sticking with it and getting it all done.
It looks amazing spread on the bed.

kiwikid said...

I hope you can avoid the dreaded covid Lou! Love your anchor quilt and the quilting. Torstein certainly loves his trucks!