Wednesday 7 February 2024

New Scrappy Project and other news.

I've had a small collection of Debbie Mumm scraps for a while, I acquired them in a larger bundle. Among them was this one rather wavy block.  I unpicked it and tweaked things a little. 
Then added a border around it.
Next this wee image was precut and I turned it in to another churn dash.
Then I joined the two together with some cute wee four patches.
Two more pieces were cut from the remainder of a panel and they also became Churn dash blocks.
I managed to make them different sizes but that's ok, I can make them work.
That's all of the pictures used from the scrap collection, but I still have quite a few fabric pieces to play with. Once I know what to do with them I'll continue. 
*
That's not the only thing I've been busy with.
Boysenberry jam and Raspberry jam.
And lots of Rhubarb crumbles.
I've also made lots of progress on this months Christmas ornament which feels really good. 
I'm hoping to make progress on my Chookshed number 2 project this afternoon and tomorrow before work so hopefully I'll have some EPP progress to show you very soon. 

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yummy jam.....I have a recipe for rhubarb custard squares which I found "Somewhere" on the internet years ago, it's very nice! I remember those Debbie Mumm fabrics, they were very popular at one time.

Annelein said...

The Debbie Mum blocks are lovely... The jams and the crumble are looking jammie... ;)... You've done a lot!

dq said...

You have been so productive. I bet your man is enjoying the crumbles.

I had some Debbie Mumm fab years ago and likely still do. The churn dashes around them are perfect and frame them so nicely. One of my Chookshed months has a chicken panel I think I'll do churn dashes on. We shall see how all that plays out.

Rose Marie said...

I do like what you've done with those scraps and churn dash blocks. It will be interesting to see what you do with them. Do you freeze your rhubarb crumble?

Jenny said...

Theres nothing nicer than home made jam! Guess you are going to freeze those rhubarb crumbles for later? We have some fhubard growing too, and we often have it with our breakfast cereal. But rhubarb crumble sounds nicer, I must admit, I should make some of that too for pudding one evening.

Jeanette said...

Cute churn dash blocks. Those rhubarb crumbles look delicious.

cityquilter grace said...

busy bee there....ooh the jam looks delish! i used to make it a lot but with only me now to eat it, had to stop.

Fiona said...

love all those churndashes.... love how they are different..... yummy jams too...
Hugz

Susan said...

Love rhubarb... doesn't grow in Brisbane!

Those Debboe Mumm fabrics take me back . .looking very cute!

Janice said...

You have been busy. I like the look of those rhubarb crumbles. Tony will be very happy. You are doing well to use the Debbie Mum fabrics.

Karen S said...

These churn dash blocks work really well to showcase your Debbie Mumm pieces. Great way to use the fabrics.