Saturday 17 February 2024

A New Start....

Well I might have COVID, but I didn't let that stop me.
At times the virus wins and I have to stop for a while, but I'm happy to say those times don't last for long and in between them I can get on and do. I've had a busy enough week even though I was feeling under the weather. The weekend is no different.
On Friday I peeled and salted our little onion harvest. Tony had planted these especially for me to pickle. Saturday morning I rinsed them off and got them into jars.
Next job was to slice and salt all of those tomatoes I harvested last week.
Yes, that is more onions nestled in there with them. They have to sit in salt overnight before I can rinse and cook them up.  
After a wee snooze I picked up my EPP. I have been working slowly on this all week and really didn't have much left to do.
I was very happy to reach this point. It needs a good press then I will applique it onto a blue paisley border. A job for another day.
Time for a new start.
With plenty of day left I pulled out my next EPP project. These bright spots and stripes have been waiting their turn for a while. I bought them in February last year. 
You got to see them again in September when I did a little basting.
They have waited patiently in their project box until today. When I put the first few together.
They are very quick and easy to work with.
I'm going to enjoy this project in fact it may be difficult to set it aside in favour of attending to other commitments. 
*
I think it is safe to say that my Chookshed Stitchers Challenge for February is well and truly achieved.  I'll keep you up to date on my other commitments. 

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your spots and stripes are fun.....yum, pickled onions!

Jenny said...

What a trooper, not letting Covid slow you down too much! Mmm, pickled onions are nice and tasty.

Denice Barker said...

I'm sorry Covid found you and am quite impressed that you were so active while you were sick. I tend to head for the couch with my pillow so I DO admire your taking charge of it!

Fiona said...

Very glad to hear you are up and about.... those little boxes are just gorgeous... I can see why they will be tempting you all the time....
Hugz

Narelle said...

Now I feel like some pickled onions :)
Those little EPP blocks look adorable ... tumbling blocks? I look forward to seeing this one come together.

kiwikid said...

Well done on meeting #2 challenge, it looks wonderful. The new epp project looks great too. Hope covid has left you now and you are feeling much better. Well done too with the onions and tomatoes.

Mystic Quilter said...

What a time of it you've had, amazing that you still managed to deal with all the other things on the vegetable and handwork side of things. Hope you're well again soon.

Sharm said...

Lots of stuff happening - well done with our 2nd challenge!

Lin said...

More onions!! Your hexies look great and nice too see those spots and stripes again. xx

Lyndsey said...

Those little blocks look fabulous and I love the hexi block piece.

cityquilter grace said...

oh no COVID! looks like you are making good use of the time that you aren't blowing your nose etc...be well and stitch on!

dq said...

Your Tumbling Blocks done in EPP are so cute. Those are happy, playful fabrcs.
Congrats on your red finish! You are on a roll.

Sorry you got Covid. At least you are not at a retreat and can be home. I've got something again as well. Yuck!

Susan said...

The spots and stripes will be a great quilt - well done on the red EPP project...and despite being sick!

Karen S said...

I am pleased you have been able to use your down time in a productive way.
Those little blocks are very effective.

Janice said...

I’m glad that COVID didn’t slow you up too much. Your preserves look good. Well done on your hexy progress. Your new project makes me think of the circus. It will be so cheerful.