Sunday 11 February 2024

Chookshed stitcher's challenge progress report.

Deanna pulled #2 for this month which means I get to work on my EPP. 
This is where it was at the beginning of the month.
I've made plenty of progress over the last week and a zoom session with Chooky was a great excuse to sit and sew some more. Toward the end of the session I got terribly excited as I thought I was adding the last flower.
Sadly I was wrong.
One more to go.
After the zoom ended I put it aside for a while and prepared some more red hexies
I also had a count and did some maths. I have plenty of red left to complete the quilt top, but not enough to make it any larger. But that's ok, it's a good lap size as it is or would even do as a cot cover.
Later in the day I was able to lift my needle again. The inspector appeared
And seized her moment when I put it down to go and make a cuppa.
After a quick inspection I was allowed to continue and here is where I left it at bedtime.
Just a few more red hexies required down the sides then I need to find a border fabric and decide how to attach it.
That means I can start a new EPP project soon.
Exciting!
But first I need to prepare myself, the house and Grandad for a day with Torstein and Charmaine. 

9 comments:

Jeanette said...

Looks great Lou. Glad it passed inspection. :) lol

Ondrea said...

Woohooo! Looking good! That is always a dilemma with me finishing EPPs. Never know how to do it lol.

Jennifer said...

Every quilt needs an inspector.

kiwikid said...

Looks amazing Lou and it has grown fast! Good too that it passed inspection. Have a great day with Torstein and Charmaine.

Sharm said...

Oh well done! It looks amazing - really loving the red and how great to have another challenge worked on!

Lin said...

Great progress and it is squaring up nicely. xx

Fiona said...

Looks great... looking forward to seeing what is next
Hugz

dq said...

Yay, you have enough red and finished up that last flower in that row. I honestly cannot believe how fast those EPPs grow! This quilt is my favorite one that you have been working on lately.

Janice said...

That is looking so good. Of course Belle had to inspect.