Thursday 22 February 2024

Well that didn't go to plan.

So I went back to work yesterday, I don't think I lasted an hour.
The VID came back, my throat and my head started to hurt and my boss declared that I clearly wasn't well enough to return. Yet I felt well for the previous two days, I got about and did loads of stuff, then bam it comes back. So frustrating.
Oh well, a few more days of pottering at home.
I mentioned in my last post that my only monthly goal still to achieve was to try out a new recipe. 
And here it is, plum and oatmeal crisp.
Not terribly adventurous I know but the first time I have made it. 
I have to say it was delicious.
Tony and I have both enjoyed it.
In future I would add a little more flour to the filling as it was still quite runny, there was a note about this on the recipe.
I have two more new to me recipes to try out later today. I'll keep you posted.
*
On Tuesday I put the borders on to the red hexie top. I had thought to applique the top to the borders but when it came to it I just trimmed the hexies to a straight edge and sat at my machine and put it on with a quarter inch seam. Quick and easy.
Let me see what else have I been up to?
I did make time to work on the black cat cross stitch.
I put a final treatment on to the secret cross stitch ornaments.
I cut some more diamond papers for the spots and stripes EPP blocks.
So what's next?
I've been thinking about those Debbie Mumm fabrics again. Maybe I'll pull them back out of hiding today and make a few more churn dash blocks. 
But first a cup of tea.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh no, Lou....hope you manage to shake it off soon. Good idea to just finish your top with a border - and your recipe looks very nice!

cityquilter grace said...

very nice red epp project...sorry you had a bit of a relapse...but hard to tell from your accomplishments!

ButterZ said...

Sorry to hear you are unwell again.. The pudding looked yummy. Great work with your hexy quilt.

Karen S said...

Oh, dear. Take care, Hope it sorts out soon for you.

Lin said...

Oh dear, what a shame! Hope you manage to shake it off completely this time. The hexie border is looking great and the plum crisp delicious! xx

Jenny said...

A cup of tea always makes you feel better. Sorry that your return to work was short lived, but it gives you a couple of more days to potter around at home.

Janet O. said...

How frustrating to experience such a setback, but it doesn't sound like you are sitting idly at home. I don't know if I get that much done when I feel well!
Nice job getting the borders on the hexie top!

kiwikid said...

Frustrating to be up and down with your health! Hope the cuppa helped. Well done on getting the borders on your hexie quilt. Your plum and oatmeal crisp looks great.

Mystic Quilter said...

Sorry to read about the setback with your health, hopefully a couple more days will see you right. The oatmeal and plum crisp sounds delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe link, think this is one that we would enjoy.