Tuesday 20 February 2024

Yesterday was a good day.

Thank you for all of your get well wishes and comments. I felt pretty good when I got up yesterday which I am sure is all down to your lovely comments. Most of my COVID symptoms are cleared and gone. Hooray!  I took myself off for a walk before breakfast and still felt good. 
After a few chores I ventured in to my wee room to see what fun I might get up to.  The other day Tony complained that there was a hole in his garden hat. I took a look and although I could patch it I decided to make him a new one. I had just the right fabric. It really didn't take long to do. And as the man himself wasn't here to model it Ted sat in for him. Yes I know that is nautical fabric not gardeney, but I know he will love it.
You can see more of the fabric from the back.
It's reversible!
But Tony tells me he likes it blue side out. He is delighted that I made him a hat. I might get around to making one for me too. 
I will repair his gardening hat after it has a good wash but until I do at least he has something to look after his head and then there will be a spare for times when I decide one needs a wash.
Once that was done and I had tidied up I pulled out the RSC box and the red scraps box.
It didn't take long to get two little red Kiwis made.
They are nestled in the box along with the background and beak fabrics and of course last months Kiwi.
Next I got on with some secret stuff! LOL
I mounted the two Christmas ornaments that I have stitched and just need to find a pretty trim for them. I also set up the stitching tin with everything I need to make the next couple. I'll start the next one at the beginning of March.
Once that was done I told myself I was going to cross stitch my Black cat but found myself playing with spots and stripes instead.
I made seven more blocks yesterday.
*
Yesterday was a good day.
Today is looking pretty good too, I've been out for my walk nice and early. I'm not due back at work until tomorrow. What to do with myself?
Looking at my monthly goals list the only thing I didn't achieve yet is to try a new recipe.  I found that last night and will tell you more once I have a photo.
I'm off to see what I can find to keep me busy for a while. 

13 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so pleased you are feeling much better. Clever you to make Tony a reversible hat.

Jennifer said...

Ted makes a very good model, and the fabrics are fun.

Anonymous said...

Lou, love the red kiwi! I just finished my top the other day - 51 kiwi only, of various sizes. Hope to post a picture tomorrow. Cheers, Louise

Alison said...

You are such a chirpy soul….I always feel happy when I read your posts. Thank you Lou.

Ondrea said...

Oh dear! Sorry to just find out that you have had Covid. I guess I need to catch up on your older posts. I hope you continue to recover and have no lasting problems. Great hat! Loving your EPP tumbling blocks.

Lin said...

Great hat! Glad you are feeling so much better. xx

Mystic Quilter said...

Love your spots and stripes!! Nice had to wear for gardening, our eldest son has to keep his head covered in the sun, perhaps I should get busy and make one for him.

kiwikid said...

So good to hear you are feeling better Lou, the hat for Tony is great! As are the Kiwi blocks, I like your spots and stripes too. Lots of lovely sewing.

ButterZ said...

Lots of good sewing. Happy to see you are on the mend. I want to make myself a bucket hat. I want to make it with selvedges.

Maria said...

So good you’re feeling better.
Great hat for Tony.
Nice red Kiwis and tumbling blocks.

Fiona said...

Glad you are feeling so much better... the hat is great....
Hugz

Karen S said...

Love the hat and the kiwis and the blocks. That's a lot to get done.

Chookyblue...... said...

Nice hat...... You have made great progress on the epp.....