Tuesday 2 April 2024

New Month, New Challenges.

 But first I have a little more of March to show.
As I had completed the kitty cat cross stitch I got to start a new piece.
I've done this one before.
But I'm happy to be doing it again for my boy Joe and his lovely Lee.
I have plenty of time to complete it as they do not get married until November 1st.
Slow stitching Sunday was a great day to begin.
Also during the last few days of March I was sewing up a mess of crumbs and scraps.
Some I have fussy cut.

I have made oversized blocks and will cut them down when I decide what I'm going to do with them. LOL
I have all manner of shapes and sized pieces laying around in my room.
It is such a mess in there, I'll need to have a good tidy up before I make a start on my new monthly challenges. 
*
So, what is in store for April?
First, the big switch from late shifts to early shifts.
*
Sewing wise 
Deana drew #9 for the chookshed challenge.
For me that is a cross stitch challenge. I'm to complete one or two Christmas ornaments. So I'll get on to those in the next few days, they are all kitted and ready to go. Once they are done I'll get back to the wedding wish.
This is also on my usual monthly list so I really would like to push for two.
*
The RSC colour this month is yellow. So I'll be making two yellow Kiwi birds.
*
I will not be attending my local club this month, but I would like to get another lap size scrappy quilt all cut out and ready to go. And it would be good to make some more progress on the crumby scrapper.
*
And finally I'm sure I will find a new recipe to try out.
*
It seems like a short list this month, I'm happy with that as I make the switch and adjust to early shifts. 
And there you have it. I hope you all had a happy Easter and you're prepared for a new month. 

4 comments:

Lin said...

What a great wedding gift that will be. Enjoy your new challenges - including the job! xx

ButterZ said...

Hope the work transition is easy enough and you still feel like and have time for some sewing.

dq said...

You have some great goals, Lou. Keep the momentum.
Does the new shift affect your time in the sewing room?

Christine M said...

Lovely cross stitch Lou. The blocks look great too.