Saturday 6 April 2024

A busy few days.

It's been a busy few days, with one thing and another.
My DIL spent the morning with me on Wednesday and raided my stash.
I think she likes purple. LOL
She cut some 2 inch hexies  and glue basted them, then just had time to sew one edge together before she had to dash off and collect Mr Torstein from day care.
The very next day she sent this image.
I think she may be hooked.
While Lee was cutting her purples and butterflies I was playing with my batik scraps. I was basting them on to 3/4 inch hexi papers.
All of these pieces were too small for a 1 inch hexie but still a little too big to throw away.
There are lots more in the tin now.
I'm not sure when I will get around to sewing them together.  I'm sure they will wait patiently.
*
Thursday Tony and I went to a funeral and spent time with the bereaved family later.
*
Friday Tony and I had a day out in the big city.
Christchurch is about a two hour drive away. We had a list of places to visit and I spent some money.
I found these lovelies in the place with the big red spot.
I also bought a roll of batting, but I don't think you need to see that. 
This pretty batik bundle was also from spotty and the spotty blue fat quarter as you can see was from another store. It's the first time I have visited Sew and Co. 
We also stopped at one more sewing store where I purchased some quilting thread. No matter what I try I just can't get a good photo, so you don't get to see it either.
For those who know, it is a cone of fantastico. that special pearly, pinky, bluey, white shade. LOL
*
This morning I did my first early shift at work in my new role.
It went well.
I have another tomorrow. 
When I got home I went straight in to the kitchen and made peach and chilli jam.
Of course all of that means I didn't even make a start on my commitments for the month, and we are almost a week in.
Maybe tomorrow.

13 comments:

Alison said...

Love the hexies and that your DIL is getting into it. Jennifer Clouston who has a YouTube channel on embroidery makes hexies “just because”. She keeps them in jars and lovely containers then sews them together into clutch purses or whatever when she feels like it. It's a great idea to have some mindless stitching on hand. Glad your new position is going well.

ButterZ said...

Hope the new shift times don’t interfere with your sewing time.

Lin said...

The butterfly and flower hexies are gorgeous! How is Lee going to us them? Great purchases on your day out. xx

Gretchen Weaver said...

It's so nice that your DIL is into stitching too. Sounds like you had a lovely day out, happy stitching!

Hanne said...

Beautiful fabrics for both of you :-)

Jeanette said...

Lovely hexies you've both made. Nice fabrics you bought.

Jenny said...

Shopping and more shopping, always fun. How lovely that your DIL is keen to join you in your stitching adventures. Guess your new hours at work will take a bit of settling in.

Fiona said...

Some great shopping done there... so fun to have your DIL join you in your addiction , I mean hobby,
Hugz

Ondrea said...

Busy, busy, busy....wish I had your energy. Hexies are rather addictive. Lots of yummy new fabric to fondle.

Maria said...

Jumped over again from Sue’s blog. I find it so frustrating I can’t comment on the posts I get from you.
You’ve been making some lovely tiny hexies and some nice fabrics found there way home with you.
Hope you’re new shift is working well for you.
You off to Scrub Stitching?

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice fabric purchases !! Good for your DIL getting busy with hexagons, she's used lovely flower fabrics.

dq said...

Yes, she is hooked for shore.

Glad you could enjoy shopping. I love your Batiks and cue 10" squares. It will be fun to see what you do with them.

Chookyblue...... said...

Looks like she's hooked.....