Saturday 27 April 2024

Done with the crumbs....

For now.
I spent some time this morning getting the sashing completed for my crumb blocks and I even got the scrappy border on before heading out to morning coffee with a friend. We did a few chores in town, grabbed a quick take away lunch and sat out in the sunshine to eat it.
Then I got stuck in and put the final border on a few minutes ago.
This is not my favourite quilt top I have to say. It looks like my scrap bin spilled out on to the floor. But it was something I wanted to try and try I have.
I almost used a bright colourful homespun for the corner stones, then at the last moment decided to use more of the low volume. It's hard to see in the main image above but look down here, they made smaller churn dash style blocks.
That works. 
I've stashed it away in the to do pile for now and hope to be able to quilt the waves out when the day comes.
What next?
I have several of my scrappy triangles kitted and ready to go and could always cut more as it would seem that particular project is going to be larger than I first planned. So that will keep me busy for a while. I also want to make some progress on my EPP projects, I now have three in various stages and who knows how many more in the pipeline, so I would like to get at least one of them over a finish line. So I might sit and do that for a while before we go out for tea tonight. 
I also pulled out my crochet again last night as it was something easy and mindless while I joined Chooky and the ladies for an evening zoom session.
More about that another day. 
It's almost time for a monthly round up.
Hope you're having a good weekend.

12 comments:

kiwikid said...

Great work with the crumbs, was great to see you on zoom last night.

Jeanette said...

The top does look good.

Ma Betty said...

Ahh thank you for putting up the picture of your scrappy top. I think that has alerted me to a few rules - keep scrappy bits to a smaller size, the larger bits and strips are a bit dominant. Also ensure there a no bits in the scraps that match the background and borders or the pattern gets lost. I like the bottom left hand block best I think.

Lin said...

Well I like your scrappy crumbs! and those corners are a great bonus. xx

ButterZ said...

I do a lot of crumb sewing but generally try and use them in smaller blocks or projects. It is a great quilt though and will be loved.

Chookyblue...... said...

hmmm........well done on using the crumbs.....not sure if I want to play with mine or not.......I have so much other fabric that I would love to play with....

cityquilter grace said...

definitely a kitchen sink kind of quilt...colorful too!

Narelle said...

Lovely finish ... crumbs/scrappy quilts are always cheerful xx

Karen S said...

Lovely to see it all come together.

Maria said...

Your crumbs sure is scrappy but it will put a smile on a little ones face…
After giving away my huge scrap box I have NO crumbs and I intend to bin away I have.

Susan said...

I think its worked well - I'm not a big fan of crumb blocks, but I think ones with larger pieces are better - less chaotic!

But better used than binned.

Susan said...

I think its worked well - I'm not a big fan of crumb blocks, but I think ones with larger pieces are better - less chaotic!

But better used than binned.