Tuesday 9 April 2024

Finally made a start.

I finally found some time to sew.  I was hoping to have Monday and Tuesday off work, but that didn't happen. A colleague called in with Covid, so I stepped in to help out with another extra shift. I just got my pay slip. WOW! That looks good with public holiday pay and a bunch of extra shifts. 

I decided to change my 15 mins a day commitment from 15 minutes of working in hand every day. In future on work days I want to make time to spend 15 minutes with my sewing machine in the morning. So Monday morning before going in for the extra, extra shift. I went in to my room and dug out my RSC box, then went digging for yellow fabrics and even managed to sew one kiwi beak before heading out of the door for work. When I got home, I made the second beak section.
After cooking and eating some tea I pulled out the first of this months cross stitch projects. My secret Christmas ornament and made a start, then I made more progress today.
Make the most of this image, there won't be any more. LOL

Can you tell what it is yet?  
I hope not.
After catching up on some chores this morning and going grocery shopping I set about completing the two RSC kiwi birds.
Hmm, they have different beaks again.  I think I need to pay more attention.
They are now nestled in the box with their buddies awaiting next months colour.
As I mentioned I spent some time this afternoon cross stitching and maybe I'll get a little more done this evening.
Not much to show considering we are now over a week in to the month.
Hopefully I will make some progress on something over the weekend. That is if I manage to get my two days off.
Wish me luck.

9 comments:

Maria said...

Nice to pick up a good size pay packet after many hours of work. Some extra coins to spend on fabrics….
May be a Santa �� cross stitch.
Two more cute Kiwi birds.
Have you started your #9 challenge? I haven’t. ��

ButterZ said...

Doesn’t matter if the birds are a little different. Good job to get the two blocks done.

Anonymous said...

Happy sunny kiwi, hooray! Cheers, Louise

kiwikid said...

Love your Kiwi blocks..life sounds busy for you.

Raewyn said...

Cute Kiwi, Lou and mysterious secret stitching!!! Oh yes, I can imagine an extra shift on a Public holiday would be very lucrative :-)

Susan said...

Sometimes you just have to chip in when needed... and reap the benefits at pay time...LOL
Interesting you get different beaks...I won't ask.
Cross stitch... Christmas...maybe part of Santa or a red bird.....no idea...you are safe.

Lin said...

Your Kiwi birds look great and the beaks are a design feature of course. xx

dq said...

I do wish you luck on our 15 minute goals at handwork nd machine work. I like your kiwi bird RSC.

Chookyblue...... said...

Busier week but you have done well..... Your very committed......