Monday 15 April 2024

I did it!

 My plan worked. This morning before heading out of the door to go to work I spent a little more than 15 minutes in my room. I pulled out one of the scrappy triangle kits and made up a block.
I'm delighted to have it done and hopefully I can do the same again tomorrow.
I need to take the time on my days off to prepare a few more mini kits.
It would be great if I can keep this going.
*
After work I got changed right away and went back out of the door for a ride on my new to me bicycle.
This model is called Apollo, but I just call her Polly.
And best of all, she is blue.
Tony found her on a local trade page. She has been very well looked after by one previous lady owner.
We picked her up yesterday morning before the grandies arrived. 
I may be able to jump around doing aerobics for an hour and I often go out walking for miles and miles and still feel fine, but I am not cycle fit! I was out of puff in no time. I think this will be good for me. 
Right, I'm off to play with EPP diamonds. 

12 comments:

dq said...

I am inspired both by your kit goals and biking enthusiasm. I need some physical activity in my life.

Lin said...

Polly looks lovely and I like the basket! Glad the kit idea is working. xx

Susan said...

Well done on the scrappy triangles!

Me & bicycles don't agree...the stationery kind are OK...LOL

Maria said...

Enjoy spending time on Polly..
Nice block and a good idea to have some small kits ready to play .

Jeanette said...

Nice bike. I don't think i'd be bicycle fit either if i ws to get myself one again. :)

Ondrea said...

Well done! You are a great planner. Have fun on your new bike. I don't think I could ride one these days and always had trouble as I never owned one and was seldom allowed to ride my friends' bikes.

cityquilter grace said...

terrific lou...glad you have formulated a new plan to get some sewing done on your new schedule...am loving the spots and stripes!

Karen S said...

Great to see all that planning and preparation paid off for your sewing.
Looks like a great bike. Enjoy getting out and about.

Jenny said...

Thata a nice looking bike. I used to cycle as a teen, that's many years ago now!

Chookyblue...... said...

Goodluck with the bike......I actually liked bike riding when I was younger...... My roads are too crappy here..... I'm not that keen...... But maybe I should be again.....

jude's page said...

Well done with the bike riding, I used to ride 'once upon a time' and sometimes think i should get back to it?? but it's only a thought so far!!

kiwikid said...

Great block, enjoy Polly, great to be riding.