Sunday 19 June 2022

A day out with Debbie.

On Friday, Debbie and I went to Christchurch for the day.  That's about two hours North of our home town. We had a look around a few crafting and quilting stores. I was very restrained. My shopping list was very short, a ball of green wool and some grey sewing thread. I found both of those.
Then I found this beautiful panel on special. It was the bugs I spotted first, then when I investigated...
I fell in love. He is adorable. 
I really don't have a clue what to do with him, but I had to have him.
I also found this little end of bolt in another store.
Not the best picture, it's a beautiful buttery yellow as background to all those spots. 
Debbie also made one or two small purchases, but her main reason for the trip was to leave a quilt with a professional long armer! We spent quite a bit of time oohing and aaahing over what we saw at the studio before taking even more time looking at Debbie's lovely quilt and deciding on which pantograph pattern would work well on it. So there will be a return trip to collect it sometime soon, with more shopping to be done. 
We were quite late getting home and had planned accordingly. Both of our slow cookers were filled to the brim with casseroles and our husbands had their instructions. LOL
When we got back to Debbie's home the boys had cooked rice, opened a bottle of wine for us and were sitting down with a beer waiting for us to arrive.
It was a very good day.
After a late night on Friday, Saturday was supposed to be  a quiet day. I had planned to get the quilting finished on Something Floral, but that wasn't to be. 
I had lots of interruptions as Tony needed help with things and we had visitors.
Though one of the visitors, Tony's mum was fascinated to see me quilting. She told me she has often wondered how it all works. She watched me complete the row I was working on and set up for the next row. I think she might have been happy to see me do more, but I'm not comfortable quilting with an audience. 
Hopefully I'll get it finished today. Though there are chores to do and I need to get some precooking done, for the evenings when I'm working in the next week. 
I got some great advice from Ally, the long armer, on Friday and hope to put it in to practice on my next quilt, I'm not sure which one to quilt next, I have a few. LOL

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is a cute little panel, for sure! Pretty sure I had a quilt done with that design (or something similar) a few years ago.

ButterZ said...

That’s a nice quilt pattern you are doing. A fun day out helps your soul.

Lin said...

Pretty panel and a great day out I am sure. xx

Janice said...

You can’t get a much better day than that. Cute panel. I’m sure you will make something lovely with it.

kiwikid said...

So good to have a girls day out, the panel is beautiful, I am sure you will create a lovely quilt with it. Great quilting.

dq said...

It sounds like a well organized, enjoyable day. Way to plan the crockpot dinner!

jude's page said...

Glad Ally was able to help you