Friday 10 June 2022

Lucy Locker came out to play.

After a good nights sleep, I got brave and played with my new to me Lucy (over)Locker.
The lady we had purchased her from had left her threaded, all I had to do was tie on and pull through my own thread colour, thread the needles with the correct threads and start playing. I had purchased 4 spools of white overlocker thread all individually wrapped in their own cellophane wrappers.
Belle heard them crinkling an emerged from whatever hidey hole she was in and came to investigate. She does so love to play with them.
I left them on the table, I figured that would be less mess than having her tip out the bin looking for them. LOL
They were still there when I left the room, but I'm sure she will find and play with them.
I wonder where I will find them?
So after pulling my white threads through the machine, I had a wee practice on some scraps of fabric, tweaked the tension and then made a start.
A few hours later, my newest work top was complete.
This one is covered in all things sewing.
There are threads and scissors, pins and needles.
Seam rippers and tape measures and a whole plethora of other sewing related tools and gadgets.
I'll be wearing it for work this evening.
Lucy Locker behaved very well, but I have a thing or two to learn about using her.
All in good time. For now she is tucked away under her plastic cover, hmm, I might need to get busy and make something pretty. 
Time to go grocery shopping, and do some chores. 
I hope you're having fun.
Did you make any churndash blocks?

 

16 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Looks great! Love that you leave the thread plastic out for your kitty to play with. Enjoy your day :)

Jennifer said...

Well done - on the new machine, too!

Chookyblue...... said...

Your story is going to be fun at work...... Glad you gave her a whirl.......

Flickenstichlerin said...

Lovely top Lou, no have not made any churndash blocks, but finished quilting Gardens of a King.

Maria said...

Lucy helped to make your new top quickly.

Jenny said...

Nice uniform and a cheeky cat. Its a shame chores get in the way of life.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Loulee, caught up on your posts now. Congrats on the new to you Over Locker, the sewing of work tops-very nice and I'm envious of useful sewing, lovely dark blue Churn dash blocks, pretty cat enjoying box and pickled onions and shallots. Well done You! I've got to check out that special kind of jigsaw...sounds interesting.

Jenny said...

That's a great looking worktop and is sure go start conversations with colleagues and patients alike.

Fiona said...

looks like you and the overlocker are already firm friends...
Hugz

Ondrea said...

Another lovely top. I have never used an overlocker so I think you are rather clever. Looks like your fur child has something new to play with.

ButterZ said...

Your shirt didn’t take,long to make. You will get used to Lucy in no time.

Janet O. said...

Fun story about your cat and the wrappers. Your top looks great—and we know the seams are all nicely finished. 😊
I am almost finished with block #9.

kiwikid said...

Well done with the overlocker, your top is great! And perfect material for you. Have the wrappers been found? No churn dashes here yet.

Janice said...

Go you! It didn’t take you long to get Lucy Locker on the job. Your latest top will be fun for work.

Karen S said...

Looks like you have picked up a great machine. And well done jumping in like that. I am impressed that you made a work top on your first day of using it!

jude's page said...

The top looks great, perfect fabric, and yes I've done some churn dash blocks