Sunday 5 June 2022

Tops, boxes, onions and Churns..

I've had a busy couple of days. 
There has been some study and a meeting with my assessor, who was very complimentary of my efforts so far.
Buoyed up by the results of my first effort I got stuck in and made a second work top.
This one did not go quite so well and I had a few issues. But got there eventually. 
I plan to make some more of these. They are lighter to wear than those provided, so cooler in a hot nursing home environment.
*
Tony had a new lamp for his work station delivered the other day and Belle moved in as soon as the box was empty.
Cats and boxes.
*
I spent a spur of the moment couple of hours with Chooky on zoom yesterday and made a little progress on my Lucy Blue quilt top. Sorry no pic. I have only two large blocks left to join, then I will be working on edge treatments.
Time to take a look at which EPP project I might do next.
*
Father in Law delivered a bag of pickling onions and shallots and asked if I could work my preserving magic on them. There was enough onions to make eight one litre jars of pickles.
Some of them were huge, bigger than golf balls. 
LOL
While they were cooling, I finally made a start on my Churndash blocks for Chookys sew along.
Here are the first four. 
If I get a chance, I'll try to make another four tomorrow.
*
And finally....
The tax man has awarded me a rebate!
Only yesterday Tony and I were discussing possibly getting me an overlocker/serger machine.
We just bought one.
I should have it in a few days.
Yippie! 

16 comments:

Jeanette said...

Your top looks good & the blocks are pretty. Hugs,

ButterZ said...

Nice top. Happy churn dashing.

ButterZ said...

Ooohhh and nice splurge

Jennifer said...

Yay for the overlocker! I have had one (not the same one) for 30 years, they are very useful. Well done on your top too, and the pickles.

Karen S said...

Your tops are looking great, both this one and the blue, too.
Loving those churn dash blocks as well.

Maria said...

Lovely new work top …
Well done with your churn dash blocks…

Diane-crewe said...

Great news on the re-fund x You are really coming on with the tops x You will be causing a stir with your fancy new tops x

Christine B said...

Love the new top and you should be able to get a lot more stitched up with your new machine!! Christine xx

Denice Barker said...

Love your choice of blue for your churns. I'm going with blues, too, but scrappier. It will be fun to see what others have chosen.

Chookyblue...... said...

I don't use my overlocker heaps but when I do I love it ... They are not so expensive either well they weren't when I got mine years and years ago..... The edges are so much nicer finished......
Lovely to have our cuppa and your nearly done with Lucy....
Churn dash blocks are looking good.... Glad to hear the study is going well..... Worth the effort.....

Debbie V. said...

Great job on the flower matching on the pocket.

Lynda said...

Lovely start to your Churn Dash quilt and your new top looks terrific. Pickled onions will be delicious.

dq said...

How exciting about surprise money and a serger purchase!
Yay - you have started your churn dashes. I have not yet.

Lin said...

Nothing beats a home pickled onion! Love your churn dash blocks and great work on your top. Glad your course is going well. xx

Janice said...

There’ll be lots of dressmaking, now you have an over locker. You will look nice and cheerful at work in your new tops. Fancy you making blue and white blocks for the churn dash quilt.

kiwikid said...

Thank you Mr Taxman!! Enjoy your new machine. Your churn dash blocks are wonderful, love the blue and white. The pickled onions look great too, Father in Law will be very happy. Nice top, cats seem to love boxes don't they.