Wednesday 8 June 2022

More churns and some acquisitions.

I'm happy to announce that I am all up to date with my churndash sew along. 
I now have eight happy blue churns awaiting some company.
I may yet add the sashing strips as that will save a little time in the last round.
Yesterday I had another wee trip out with Debbie.
We had to drive for 50 minutes this time, to what we would call a destination shop, you don't pass the quilting shed by accident. Well, not unless you are lost. LOL
Debbie was looking for backing fabric for a big scrappy quilt top she has completed.
I just went along for the ride and of course found something to spend my money on anyway. LOL
Just in case any of my colleagues or clients may have any doubts about what I would prefer to be doing, I'll make myself another work top in this notions fabric.
As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to.
I also found a cone of quilting thread for my latest scrapper.
Very restrained don't you think?
*
The courier called this morning and left a package in my porch.
But we were not expecting anything....
The lovely Jo at ButterZ blogspot had sent me a jigsaw puzzle to add to my collection.
Have you ever done or seen a wasgij? You do not recreate to picture on the box, instead you look behind the camera as it were, in this case I will have to imagine what one of the birds above the traffic jam can see. LOL
I have done one or two of these puzzles a few years ago, they are always fun.
Thank you so much Jo. I've added it to the to do pile. 
Tucked in to the package with the puzzle was a card, with a very cute wee quilt design on the front.
Inside there was a lovely message from Jo and on the back the instructions to make the quilt.
Yes Jo, I just might make one, in blue. LOL
*
And finally for today my gift from the tax man.
When we found about my tax rebate, Tony shopped around for an over locker for me.  He found a previously loved one on a local facebook selling page. He bargained the price down a little and paid via online banking. Today I went across the road and three doors up to collect my new to me Janome 644D Over locker. To purchase this model brand new would be nearly $1000NZ, I got it for about a third of that price. Score!
Turns out I know the seller quite well, she is a very good friend of one of the residents at work and visits often. 
So I have another machine in my collection, the third Janome.
What do I call her?
I have Jenny Janome (1600p)
Sally (Janome) Skyline S5
Maybe Lucy Locker?
I'm tired and cold today and I'm not sure I'm up to the challenges of a new machine, so I think I'll curl up with some crochet. Not a new project, I adding more rounds to an older project, it needs to be bigger.  Maybe tomorrow I'll be brave and have a play. 

15 comments:

Janice said...

Jo showed me the puzzle she was going to send to you. I hadn’t heard of them, until a few turned up at the church fete. I brought one home to try……one day. The fabric will be so fun for a work top. How funny that you knew the previous owner of the overlocker. Have fun learn how to use it. I’ve only tried once and cut my project, so I steer clear.

Jennifer said...

What a fun puzzle! Yes, definitely the right fabric for a work top. That looks like a good overlocker.....have fun with it.

Lin said...

Fun to have a new machine to play with. Happy fabric for your new top and your churns are looking great! xx

Maria said...

Nice to be up to date with your churn dash blocks.
The notions fabric will make a lovely work top.
Enjoy your new toy and I like “LucyLocker”

ButterZ said...

The puzzle is there when ever you need it. You are getting a collection of new work tops. Have fun with the overlocker.

Chookyblue...... said...

Lucy Locker is the go for sure..........
cute churn dashs.......as for the jigsaw you can keep that.........I struggle with the pictures so I don't need this challenge.......but it will keep you occupied.......
thats going to be a great work shirt......

Janet O. said...

Loving the blue Churn Dash blocks!
Of course you found something to buy while "along for the ride". Every time I accompany my retreat buddy to a quilt shop, I tell myself I don't need a thing--and come home with a full bag! :)
Fascinating puzzle. Never heard of that type. I hope you will share when you get to it.
Love the little blue quilt on the card.
What a score on the overlock machine, and funny that it was someone you knew--and you didn't know it. Lucy Locker works for me.

Jenny said...

I've never owned or tried an kverlocker, they seem rather intimidating and don't they use multiple reels of threads? Robin got a tax rebate too goodness knows why as he no longer works, but they are always welcome, even a small amount

Rose Marie said...

Your churn blocks are coming along quite nicely. Lucy Locker for sure and those puzzles are quite different.

Lianne makes stuff said...

Lucy will come in handy with your work top, Your Dashes look great I'm not sure about the puzzle though

dq said...

Oh that wonderful giving Jo. I adore her so much!!
Great churn dashes and good job being caught up. I am finally in the game and still deciding on some others.

Christine B said...

Beautiful blocks! Looking forward to seeing more! How could you possible drive all that way and not buy anything?! Love the fabric you chose! Hugs Christine xx

Preeti said...

Fun trip with a friend, new fabric, new machine and a package in the mail. Girl!!! you are on a roll. Go buy a lottery ticket :-) Love your navy blocks too!

Diane-crewe said...

Having driven all that way it would have been rude NOT to spend some money! lol x My mum did puzzles like that all the time .. would drive me up the wall! Have fun x

kiwikid said...

Nothing better than a road trip with a friend, fabric is the bonus! Love those puzzles as you know! Beautiful card from Jo.