Sunday 19 June 2022

Something Floral.

My second post today, I did think about waiting a day or two, but I'm excited to share.
Something Floral is complete, all done, finished! 
I had selected a pantograph design called Rose and Leaf, designed by Meredith England.
It is one of a collection called sweet and simple pantographs.
The roses nestle nicely beside one another.
 I quickly added a binding, closing it on the machine, for speed and practice.
The light was fading fast and the quilt holder upper was impatient to get back to his own craft
So inspired by Chookyblue's recent farmyard photography I headed outside to see what props I might find out there.
The couch wasn't doing it for me.
So next I tried my old rocking chair.
Much better. 
If you look through the door behind the chair, you can see the leader cloths hanging on the quilting frame and the cherry tree through one of those big windows. LOL

I quite liked this shot. 
But I had a specific spot in mind. It was getting darker and was spitting with rain.
But I managed to quickly snap some pictures of my quilt draped in the tree on our front lawn.
Not quite the shot I was after, but it will do.
Tonights job will be to test the snuggle quality of my latest finish and add it's Loulee label.  Right now, Belle is testing it's snuggle quality.
I think she approves. 
*
What to do next?
I have a few more quilts that need quilting I might go and look through my panto pattern books and see which patterns might work........

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous quilt, Lou....well done! We had a Belle cat once, she was ginger - and she liked to test quilt snuggliness too.

Lin said...

Lovely finish - such pretty fabrics and the quilting came together nicely in the end. xx

Maria said...

Great outing with Deb and I like the cute panel you purchased.
Lovely quilting and looks like you had fun doing the photo shoot of the finished Floral.
Hmmm! Not sure if Chooky would like the snuggle testing shot… 😀

Janice said...

It has really turned out well. So pretty and soft.

Christine B said...

How lovely that you managed to get your quilt finished and I love all the different outside photos, they're a lot of fun! Hugs Christine xx

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

COngrats on a great finish!!
it is fun to try and find new photo spots!! I like the tree ;-)

Diane-crewe said...

She should approve ... it is beautiful x

Fiona said...

I love the new quilt... great finish

Hugz

kiwikid said...

Well done on the finish, it is beautiful. Good to see it is being tested.

dq said...

YOu found some nice photo locations for your finish. Congratulations. It is lovely.

jude's page said...

Great work, onwards and upwards with the quilting now

Chookyblue...... said...

yeh you got it finished.........love all the extra shots.........hopefully next time it won't be starting to rain.......its a pretty quilt....
As Maria suggested not keen on the snuggle shot.!!!!