Wednesday 22 June 2022

More Quilting.

 Today started at a very chilly minus 5 Celsius, but once the sun was up, although it's still pretty cool outside, it was shining into my quilting room and warmed it up. I was ready for it. Yesterday I had loaded a backing fabric and batting on to my frame. This morning I added the op shop top to the sandwich.
I had finished piecing the top in December last year. The eight and a half blocks, the sashing and the backing for this one all came from the same op shop.
The extra wide backing waited for me, for quite a while. It is white with blue and brown spots. 
I had prepared another edge to edge quilting design and had it all set on the frame ready to begin.
Warmed by the morning sun I made a start.
I quilted until I ran out of bobbins. 
Soon after that, the sun was gone from the room and it was cooling down again. 
Hopefully I'll get it completed tomorrow. 

12 comments:

Lin said...

Good to get a start on the quilting in the sunshine. xx

ButterZ said...

That’s a lovely quilting design. A few bobbins at a time will do it.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

You've made great progress. That's a fantastic quilt design and it's looking great.

Christine B said...

It is looking beautiful. What sort of long arm machine do you have? Do you enjoy using it? Christine xx

Jennifer said...

Nice! Minus 5 is a wee bit chilly....

Janice said...

Looking good. It sounds like you are working out those pantos.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like the leaf pattern - its perfect for that op shop top ( you need to say hat 3 times fast.... haha)

Jenny said...

Oooh, that's a cold temperature to start the day! Lucky the sun makes an appearance in your sewing room to warm things up.

dq said...

It looks amazing!

Maria said...

Lovely to be quilting while the sun shining.

kiwikid said...

Good to enjoy the sunshine while you can.

jude's page said...

Another lovely pattern, leaves always good for male type quilts