Wednesday 15 June 2022

Different Day, Different Weather.

The famous Kiwi sunshine has returned. Look, blue skies,
and sunshine.
It was like this yesterday too, and I had planned on getting into my room to quilt, but I got called in to work at short notice. So I had to wait until today.
But first.....
Some time ago, (Years ago) I was gifted a folder of pantograph patterns. The gentleman who gave them to me was a professional quilter here in town. He took on board that I have a small machine and gave me two pattern books of 3 inch pantograph patterns. Today I decided to be brave and finally give one of them a go.
This rose pattern seemed appropriate.
I copied it and stuck the pages together, carefully following the instructions.
Then started to quilt, in the beautifully warm sunshine.
By the time Tony came home for his lunch, I had the first pass done and was feeling very happy with the world.
Since Tony went back to work I started the next pass, but I've had issues with top and bottom threads snapping. I didn't change any settings, I didn't even turn the machine off while we ate our beans on toast, but for some reason, problems have started. 
Now I have turned it off, and walked away
I'll play some more tomorrow. 
Right now I'm going to put my feet up and make a start on something Christmassy.
 

15 comments:

kiwikid said...

Oh dear, I hope you can sort out the problem! Nice to see some sunshine.

Jennifer said...

Sunshine! Love the pantograph, very apt for your flower quilt.

Lin said...

Your quilting looks good - maybe another break will be what the machine needs and it will be fine next time you use it - fingers crossed. xx

ButterZ said...

Just keep trying. Try a larger size needle. The machine deals differently going the opposite direction. Just a thought

Christine M said...

Hope you sorted out the machine. Your quilting looks good.

Maria said...

Enjoy your sunny days in the quilting room.
So annoying you’re having trouble with the machine….

Janice said...

Let’s hope your machine sorts itself out and you can continue with the quilting. So nice to see the sun. Enjoy while you can.

Jenny said...

Sorry you are having problems after such a good start. Hope you sort things out with the machine and soon get quilting merrily away again.

Fiona said...

Thats a lovely room with the sun coming in..... what fun playing with the pantograph - well done and I hope it behaves next time round...
Hugz

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

That first pass looks fantastic. Sorry your machine got temperamental the next go around. Hopefully your machine has had a good sleep and has woken up in a better mood and will play nicely for you.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh very sweet!!!
ITs a great design!

Diane-crewe said...

Well done for having a go x Best thing .. walk away and have a brew! lol x

Ondrea said...

Wow! The quilting looks lovely. Clever you!

Christine B said...

Hope you can resolve the quilting problems because what you have done so far looks fabulous! Christine xx

jude's page said...

Pretty patttern, sorry you've had troubles, sometimes you just need to walk away and come back later