Friday 24 July 2009

Minding my own business.

There I was last night, minding my own business, reading a few blogs, leaving a comment here and a comment there. Just basically enjoying myself.
What did I find?
Pretty stitchery, pretty quilts, some cross stitch and an evil enabler in the form of Caroline at The Contented Quilter. Her latest creation grabbed a hold of me and made my clicky finger go to Amazon and buy not one but two books!! (Caroline only talked about one book, but I'm holding her responsible for both! LOL)
So, this book and this book will be with me soon.
Thank you Caroline, I've been looking for something very similar to your quilt for a while now.
*
I can't have a blog post without images, so here's a peep at a piece of DD Kay's art. This is the Ramsey Swing Bridge which swings over the harbour in my home town. (I figured I'd keep it kind of nautical)

I'm trying to convince her to put more of her artwork onto her blog. (Forgive the spelling if you go to look, she's an artist, not an academic.)
*
Well that's me, that's all I have to say, now I'm off to be a student for an hour or so, then maybe I'll sew a little before work.
*
Gratitude's.
1) 92 days.
2) Evil Enablers! LOL
3) Hot sweet tea.

6 comments:

Ali Honey said...

Good buying, I'd say. it doesn't help when Amazon give you extra encouragement saying people who buy this usually buy this as well....

Love your bright cheerful vine leaves.

NZ is very priviledged to be hosting you to get married....gosh I hope the weather improves over the next 90 + days.

Cardygirl said...

I have seen the doodle stitching book & it is fabulous...have fun when they come!

Contented Caroline said...

I don't mind being blamed for enticing yet more people to become as avid shoppers as myself!! Let me know what you think of doodle stitching as I've been thinking of getting it for a while!!

Enjoy!!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Your daughter is so talented. My other half is the artist and I know just how much time and effort goes into creating a piece. As you know I love this bridge, and to see a local lass's painting of it is terrific. More like this, and yes she needs to slap her name on a put it on the blog.

Karen said...

Two great books! I love doodle stitching. Did you know that Aimee Ray has a website?

www.dreamfollow.com

Allie said...

Gotta love an enabler, lol! I love her sailboat quilt. Love your dd's art as well.