Thursday 16 April 2020

Are you tired of Batik scraps yet?

I hope not, because I have a few.
A whole basket full in fact. LOL I've been collecting them for many years. Some are mine, from previous projects, and some are scarps gifted to me by lovely blog readers.
There are scarps of many sizes, shapes and colours here and I spent some time fiddling about with them yesterday morning before going in to work. 
That counts as 15 minutes right? I know I didn't actually sew, but I dreamed about it! While I fiddled. 
I found some more of the leftovers from the Geese flying home quilt. 6 Geese and three four patch blocks to be precise. Just enough for another cute wee table runner. I put that together this morning.
It's not quilted or bound yet, I was too eager to carry on playing with my other scraps.
 After much thought and changing of my mind, I settled on foundation pieced strings and  went digging for suitable foundation fabrics. I knew I had some old cotton sheeting somewhere which would be just right. When I found it, some pieces were already cut to 5 inch squares and some appeared to have been setting triangles.
 After some pressing and trimming I made the pile of 5 inch squares a little taller and decided that was enough for now, time for the fun to begin.
 I had kind of sorted the scraps into similarly shaped sizes and colours.
 That was fun, but not what I really, really wanted to be doing....
 So I dived right in and began to play.
Long strings and short strings. Skinny strings and wider strings.
And more leftover triangles.
Stitch, flip and press.
Stitch, flip and press.
Stitch, flip and press.
I'm off to make some more.
*
Stay home.
Stay safe,
and stay well.
And Sew, sew, sew.

7 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Loulee I love what you are doing with the scraps,beautiful work my friend ,well done.

Maria said...

Great you are enjoying playing with your scraps and the Strings are lovely and bright..

Janice said...

Wow! The blocks are so colourful. I wonder how big you can make this?

Janice said...

Wow. The blocks are so colourful.

Karen S said...

Never tired of batiks, especially when they create such lovely blocks.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely stitching going on your house. It's always a pleasure to see what you are sewing.
Be safe now.

Fiona said...

I love how those batik strips are looking..... hmmmm... you might have given me an idea for mine...
Hugz