Tuesday 14 April 2020

And two more.

So yesterday I continued to play with the triangle off cuts from a previous project.
There were A LOT of little triangles. LOL
I'm so pleased I didn't throw them away. Though at the time I had no idea whet I would do with them.
After playing about with settings.
 I settled on one that I liked and set about sewing them together.
 Hmm, no progress shots of the blue version.
Here is one of the pinky purples. It's surprising how much smaller a project becomes once the pieces are joined.
 I got out my ditch foot for quilting them. I've had it for a while, but this is the first time I've used it.
I did have a break for lunch somewhere in there! LOL
And sat in the afternoon sun to bind them.
The border and binding fabrics all came from stash. I used two whole fat quarters.
And a couple of slices from a skinny quarter.
I'm rather pleased with these three little projects.
You all know that blue is my favorite colour, but of these three, I have to say my favorite is the one on the left in this picture, the first one I made. 
I wonder what I'll do today?
I do have more batik triangles!
From two different projects. LOL
*
This is the last day of my very long Easter weekend. I'll be back at work tomorrow.
I hope there is something for me to do.
I hope you all enjoyed your somewhat different Easter weekend too.
Stay home, stay safe, stay well.



8 comments:

Ali Honey said...

You've accomplished a lot. I like the middle one best. I hope you stay safe at work tomorrow.

Maria said...

You did have fun playing with the tiny HST and made three lovely table toppers..
yes the middle one is also my favourite.

dq said...

I just love Batiks! I also love that you used cut off triangles. I always think, "I should sew those up and use them somewhere," but I never do. Well, except for today, I have actually been doing that. I need a few pieces to make the back of a quilt cuter and larger.

Janice said...

They did all turn out well. A great use of your scraps. You made good use of your extra long weekend.

Barwitzki said...

Great sewing. They have become very nice runners.
Yes, you can always use it.
Have a nice week.
Greetings to you from Viola

Fiona said...

Its great using up scraps and then making something so pretty.... they look great...
Hugz

Lin said...

They are lovely! Great use of your offcuts. xx

Karen S said...

Great use of all the pieces. They have all turned out to be delightful.