Sunday 12 April 2020

Easter Sunday.

Happy Easter.
I hope you have a lovely relaxing day, just like mine has been.
After a late breakfast of pancakes and blackberries, with maple syrup.
All made with love by my lovely husband.
I went right into my room and made a start on the very last Frivol block.
I had it pieced in no time. 
Then moved on to the task of putting it all together.
I did have issues with some of those points.
Many are not quite as they should be and I had a frustrating time tweaking the needle to the right and left, trying to find the correct setting. In the end I settled for neat and tidy seams, and a blind eye to the odd missing point!
And that one fabric piece which got itself turned around! (Sigh)
Here you have it. A completed top.
I still need to sort out a back for it, and I think I may have solved the binding issue too.
More about that another time.
Having a finish means a start.
And here it is.
Can you tell what it is yet? LOL
I went digging for my Batik triangles. I have loads of tiny batik off cuts, I hate to throw them away.
In the end after much fiddling with various boxes and baggies, I settled on these ones. They are off cuts from this quilt. (Scroll down)
After sewing all the triangles together and snipping off the tiny ears at the corners, I had a play about, with layouts. 
 And settled on the top one for todays fun and games.
Once again, I had issues with corners.
This time I told myself, that these are scraps, leftovers. Not too many years ago I might have thrown them in the bin! So get over it, there is no point stressing over points!!
I auditioned two different border fabrics, from my stash and even consulted Janice.
But she was busy with her own beautiful project, and didn't respond for a while, so I forged on alone.
Just as the Mr appeared wondering what might be for dinner?
I finished adding my chosen border.
Once we had eaten I settled into my chair to bind.
On went the label, and even though it's dark and the curtains are drawn I had to have a photo shoot.
 I'm in love.
What a cute little project, made mostly from scraps.
And the best part?
I have more of those lovely pinky purple triangles, and more still in blues.
Maybe my muse will let me play with those tomorrow. 
Easter Monday, here I come.
See, I told you I'd had a good day. 
*
Be well and stay safe everyone. 
I'm enjoying having more time to create and blog, and time to read more blogs too.
Thank you to everyone who stops by to read, and especially to those of you who comment.
Feedback is always nice. 

7 comments:

Karen S said...

The frivol blocks look great together in your top.
That is lovely.
Great result with all your scraps, too. That was a quick finish.

Kate said...

Two beautiful finishes! Love your Frivol blocks! Your left overs table topper is perfect. I was going to say perfect for spring, but you are heading into fall, but it works for that season as well. Happy stitching, stay well!

Maria said...

Great to have your Frivol Blocks all put together and NO can't find the turned fabric. Even when I enlarged the photo.
Love Table Topper from those tiny HST mine go in the bin....
Don't worry about points ....
Have a great Monday..

Marti said...

Those Frivol blocks look so complicated when you have them laid out in pieces. I love your table topper! Congratulations on both finishes; you are certainly making the most of this time.

Fiona said...

frivol looks great.... lovely project and I thought you got lovely straight lines and points with all those little pieces cut on the bias.... great triangles project... I am doing one too but with much bigger scraps off my pinwheels quilt... I love your table runner.... very autumnal
Hugz

Janice said...

This time spent at home really does help with creativity. You did really well.

seabreezequilts said...

Happy Easter all your blocks look great.