Thursday 9 April 2020

The start of a VERY long weekend.

Easter weekend is here. Many people plan family get togethers, or trips away for this holiday. 
This year, that cannot happen. I'm ok with that. More time to relax and enjoy the extra time at home that this virus has gifted to us. I know some people are struggling with the lock downs and closures and missing visiting with family and friends. I think for me having this blog and being able to read your blogs and communicate with you all in this way has been a big part of keeping me settled. I enjoy visiting you all and leaving comments, and I very much appreciate that you visit my blog and leave your comments too. 
So, about the VERY long weekend. As my hours have been reduced and I'm not working Thursdays or Tuesday at the moment, I have me a very long Easter weekend ahead of me. I'm not due back at work until Wednesday next week!! 
What will I do with myself?
I could do a little more preserving, but only a little, as I have very few jars left. There is however a bowl full of greenish tomatoes that need to be used! I still have some apples and of course the chilli are still ripening in the green house. Tony has ordered more jars for me, but I'm not sure when they will be delivered. Fingers crossed everything stays pretty fresh until they get here.
I was pondering what my next project might be while I was sewing away in my room this morning.
 I completed yesterdays Frivol block after work as I was short of time in the morning.
And was able to stitch four more into a row after completing todays block.
With that done, I got the fourth and final row all cut and ready to sew over the next few day.
Then I made up the last of my three bright blue butterflies for the RSC.
Ooops! 
A sideways photo. Sorry, I thought I had them all sorted.
On Tuesday I sat pretty much all afternoon with my secret Christmas project and plan to do the same again today and tomorrow if necessary to get that completed.
My knitting is progressing also. Just a few rows last night as my wrist started to ache. (Maybe I should have allowed Tony to lift the heavy pan while I was dishing up dinner!).
I have given some thought to what yarn project I might get onto next and went to Grans cupboard this morning.
I don't have a huge stash of yarn, just enough to fill Grans cupboard.
Many of you will have seen it before. When I was a little girl, this cupboard was painted a pale green and lived in the bathroom at my Grandparents house, full f cosy soft fluffy towels.
I'm fairly sure that my Grand Father made it.
Later in it's life it was painted an off white and lived in the corner of my parents living room, filled with yarn and knitting patterns.
Then, it moved house and changed colour again, this time to yellow, and back into a bathroom, once more filled with towels. I'm not sure when it became off white again, but it was before it emigrated with me to New Zealand, where it has always housed my yarn stash.
As you can see, not a huge stash. No kits or planned projects, just a bunch of yarn that I liked the look of and just had to purchase.
I have pulled out the little box off the bottom shelf. The one on the left.
I'll show and tell more about that on another day.
What are your plans for the long weekend?
Will you be joining in with FNwF?


8 comments:

Maria said...

You seam to have your long weekend sorted .. You'll be putting your Frivol rows together soon for a flimsy.
The RSC blue butterflies are lovely ..
Wish I lived closer as I could give you some jars....
Enjoyed the story of your Yarn Cupboard...
Have a relaxing long weekend...

Lin said...

I love the story of your Grans cupboard - so many different lives but still useful. Things used to be made to last! Have fun over your looong weekend. xx

Janice said...

Enjoy your extra long weekend. Yes, contact through the web makes this situation so much more social. Have fun playing with your yarn

Jenny said...

That's certainly a well loved and well traveled cupboard, with wonderful family memories.

Fiona said...

You wil be having a mini staycation over the holiday.... I love the story of your cupboard, and a lovely place for yarn to live... cooler weather means yarn comes out here and I have some crochet blankets I want to do...
Have a lovely weekend...
Hugz

Kleine Vingers said...

Just yesterday I was thinking of finishing knitting the second sock of a pair. But I probably spend some time reading in the garden and sewing blocks.

Kleine Vingers said...

Just yesterday I was thinking of finishing knitting the second sock of a pair, but I didn't I found a book and spend some time in a sunny spot in the garden. Today I will do some sewing. Love the blocks you made and curious what you will be knitting

Karen S said...

Bet you never thought you would run out of jars? It is odd the things you notice differently when in lockdown.
Your blocks continue to grow and look wonderful.